Rate the last Book you read

Tools    

Thank you @Stirchley, that certainly looks like an author whose work I will enjoy reading.

By ( odd ) coincidence I was thinking of you the very same day you posted your recommendation for Sue Hubell's books. I had been reading ( ? or seeing ) a new photography book that may just be right up your alley. Excellent photos of your favorite US city- by contemporary photographers. The challenge, as stated in the pages in between these large photos, was to find a new way of depicting a city where ' every inch has been photographed 1000 times.' I think they met the task ably.

This is a heavy coffee table book so you may want to just scan it at a local bookstore. IMHO- very well done photos:
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	400.4 KB
ID:	50114  

I read books on Kindle now so no more coffee table books. Way too heavy to hold in bed. Would definitely love this book. Will take a look at it online for sure.

Here's a few shots from the book ( not even the best ones) that I found online so you can get an idea:

A hotel lobby -

And finally, a bird's eye view- as fitting for the city that never sleeps- this must be a night bird
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	49
Size:	324.2 KB
ID:	50119  

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds

Damn, what a way to end this volume. So much happens at break neck speed. Shame they are taking a year off before the next volume.

Suspect's Reviews

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
I didn't know "No country..." was written by Cormac MCarthy. I knew him as the author of "The road", which was adapted.

I didn't know "No country..." was written by Cormac MCarthy. I knew him as the author of "The road", which was adapted.
The dog chase scene wasn't on Cormac MCarthy's book, but him being a lover of dogs liked the scene very much. Just a fun fact. Also one of the facts I find most interesting, is the character Anton Chigurh. The book doesn't say much about him, almost no physical description expect he had blue eyes, and the Coen's managed to make such a brilliant character with Javier Bardem making a performance of a lifetime... without the blue eyes.

Well-written. Enjoyed it up to the point where she married Barack. Reading about her upbringing & family very interesting. But then it bogged down (for me) into politics & what they both did before the presidency. Very nice love letter from her to Barack though.

Well-written. A tad confusing.
Glad I’ve read one book on Barack Obama’s list of 2018 books he read.

Don’t think I’ve seen any of the movies on his list.

The writer is really good at creating an unnerving and creepy atmosphere, the characters are all unlikeable, but tolerable enough that it didn't bother me. Quick and easy read. 4/5

At Xmas I bought my little grandaughter a copy of Kevin Crossley Holland's book Norse Myths: Tales of Odin Thor and Loki ( ok it'll be a while before she can read it but the illustrations are so good, and I did buy it for her honest!)