Woo-hoo!!!! :)

Tools    

I found out today that starting next week and continuing through March, EVERY studio is reducing the prices of their DVDs. Fox will announce over 100 titles that will drop to $14.95 with new releases coming out at no higher than $19.95, unless it's a special edition DVD. Additional titles to follow.

Columbia/TriStar, Universal/MCA, Dreamworks, HBO/Warner Brothers/New Line, Artisan, October/USA Films, Touchstone/Buena Vista/Disney, MGM/United Artists, and Miramax will all announce price reductions for hundreds of DVDs to as low as $9.95 with new releases starting at $19.95, unless it's a special edition DVD.

Special Edition discs for every studio will still be between $24.95 - $29.95, but prices will drop to $14.95 - $19.95 sooner than before.

Also, in conjuction with disc price changes, players nationwide will drop in price. Price reductions will range from $50 - $150 per player.

The reasons for the price slash is that studios want to create more profit so that they can put their remaining film titles to DVD format. The goal of the DVD Group is to have EVERY film title on DVD by 2003, which would be sincerely impressive.

I'm completely thrilled. Now if I can get rid of these last 400 VHS tapes I'll have the shelf space to shop...lol.

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums

Very good news. Thanks for the scoop. I know I'll buy more DVDs if they're slightly cheaper (I'll end up spending more overall, though. It's a hideous paradox), especially with more titles available.

Also, I know some people who are on the fence about buying DVD players who might well be eager to go the DVD route if the players and titles were a little cheaper (of course, I won't be able to feel superior to them anymore if they all get DVD players, too. So, there's a downside).

Radioactive Spider Blood
Yeah, that really is awesome. I've really wanted to get my DVD collection better but haven't had the money to get all the movies I've really wanted to have.

Now with this price drop, looks like I can!

"Chances are, if your parents didn't have any kids, then you won't either."

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Question. Will the Alien Criterion Collection drop in price? I went to go buy it the other day, thinking it was about $60, only to find it was more like $90. I've got the money but I don't think thats worth it....

I'll contact Criterion tomorrow and find out if the price change goes for them too. I would think it would, but I'll double check with them.

Radioactive Spider Blood
Does this also include the first season of The Sopranoes on DVD? It costs like $70 I think and I'd like to get it if it was cheaper.

Criterion may do a special sale of all their products in May where titles could be as much as half off, including sets.

Warner Brothers owns HBO which releases The Sopranos...so basically that set should drop in price like the Warner Brothers sets for Batman Legacy and the Lethal Weapon flicks.

I'd look for small price drops with sets around May and June. Sets are almost always the last things effected for this type of thing.