Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
That was the first time I watched Denzel Washington in a full film and I was really impressed. Maybe I wouldn't have been as enthused about The Equalizer had I not seen Man on Fire. To date they're the only films of his I've seen .
Training Day for propa Denzel bad-assness!
The manchurian candidate is another top performance of his imo.

Edit: just had a quick look at his imdb page other great performancess: bone collector, Philadelphia...haven’t seen Malcom’s x but it’s no my list.

The sheltering sky (Bernardo Bertolucci, 1990) -

Well, it was not a lot of fun, but I'm sort of glad to have started with this long-postponed director. This is an existential drama about routine and relationship dynamics quite badly disguised as an adventure, and while the concept is interesting and the movie appears to know at least superficially what it tries to reach, I think it doesn't fully understand, or show to understand, the mechanisms to reach it. The structure is arbitrary and disperse, it seems that the movie just wanders throughout, and way too often the reflection is not clearly aligned to the narration or the emotion of the moment. Still, it has beautiful scenery and a cinematography that at the very least looks unconventional, and there are some very intense sections in the movie, which with its flaws and the lack of a single effective and cohesive view, is interesting and engaging due to the themes it suggests and the somewhat unique flavor the movie has.

Maverick. Mel Gibson is a fast talking card-sharp trying to get enough cash together to enter a high stakes poker game, but someone seems determined to keep him out. Jodie Foster and James Garner co-star in this entertaining mid 90s tongue in cheek Western that doesn't reinvent the wheel, but is amusing and likeable throughout. There's a great cameo from Danny Glover as a bank robber who seems to - almost - recognise Gibson, to the strains of the Lethal Weapon music. "I'm getting too old for this s**t!"

Slow West
(2015)
3.5/5

Decent western but I have seen better come out within the past 5 years.

The Virgin Suicides (1999) >> 6.5/10.....Real good but dark. A decent cast !!

Di je Karlo?

Beetlejuice (1988) - 81/100

It loses its steam towards the end, but for the most part, it's a fun and original movie. I especially like the stopmotion special effects, partly because I like Burton's art style, partly because I like stopmotion in and of itself.

Favourite line: I've seen the Exorcist 167 times! And it keeps getting funnier every single time I see it!

I use to adore this film. A recent re-watch made me change my mind a bit. The distorted, shaky, blur cuts were part of what I use to love, now it is probably what I dislike the most.
Yeah, I felt that had dated a lot when I saw some of it again recently.

Unregistered User
Dude We have an Atlanta thread, best show. And yes Teddy Perkins is incredible and Darius is the best character. Love how in the next episode he calms down the girl having a panic attack, that's when i realized he was my favourite.

Yeah, at the Drake party, that was another good episode. Have to say, I could watch Van all day long!!

Apostasy (2017) (Dir. Daniel Kokotajlo)

An understated crisis of faith illustrated by the faces of the afflicted, Apostasy isn't a diatribe against a less accepted religious sect so much as a re-framing of a traditional story with a less familiar theological backing allowing the viewer to feel the alienation of its adherents in a time of duress. We are less willing to accept the equally arbitrary traditions and taboos as reasonable when we've been outside the sphere of conditioning like that of more mainstream Christian teachings. That device allows us to connect with the conflicted women at the heart of picture seamlessly, wordlessly as the camera steadies on their tortured expressions with eyes that gaze into the abyss of doubt. The young with apprehension or overconfidence, the old and wise with denial insulating them from a life shattering revelation. It is a film about their interior lives which tastefully vocalizes inner-thoughts occasionally and legibly visualizes those thoughts often through quiet, meditative performances recalling the days of silent film when the entire face spoke as loud as any mouth has since.

Re-watch from 2000. Amazingly topical 18 years later. Joan Allen excellent.

Excellent indie movie. First time I have liked Adam Driver. Really enjoyable movie & who knew that Paterson NJ was the silk capital of America.

Excellent movie. Writer/director has made 3 movies & I like them all.

I won't dance. Don't ask me...

Excellent indie movie. First time I have liked Adam Driver. Really enjoyable movie & who knew that Paterson NJ was the silk capital of America.

Excellent movie. Writer/director has made 3 movies & I like them all.
Patterson and Toni Erdman - love both.

I won't dance. Don't ask me...

Terry Gilliam maked his wish come true. It's very much a Gilliam movie, full of tremendous pictures - colourfull and dynamic. A fiest for the eyes. Magnifficent adam Driver and Jonathan Pryce. The was a character of cleaver Gypsy - I would see in this role Johnny Deep. It would be great to see him even in such a small role, as he almost played the main character in first version of this movie.

The White Ribbon (Michael Haneke, 2009)

Such a crowd pleaser.

The Awful Truth (1937)

This is the type of old madcap comedy I don't usually care for. The cast, including Cary Grant, was very good and it was humorous enough to make it an enjoyable 90 minutes. I liked the story.