Which iconic film trilogy is the best overall?

Tools    

Which trilogy?
18.92%
7 votes
Star Wars
10.81%
4 votes
The Godfather
35.14%
13 votes
The Lord of the Rings
16.22%
6 votes
The Dark Knight
5.41%
2 votes
Bourne
18.92%
7 votes
Dollars
2.70%
1 votes
Toy Story
37 votes. You may not vote on this poll

people vote lord of the rings, but for me too much talking and nothing happening in lord of the rings... there is too much talking something that i don t really enjoy in series or movies, same goes for game of thrones, too much talking and no action happening
I didn't mind the LOTR movies but they were too f'n long movies, the first two is like almost 4 hours long O_O
1st is 3 hrs 50 min
2nd is 3 hrs 55 min
3rd is 3 hrs 21 min

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy?
The choices seem massively random to me too. Star Wars and Bourne are no longer trilogies. If the argument is that the later movies don't count because the originals were at least intended to be trilogies, then where's Scream and Indiana Jones?
I'm sorry, but this seems less like a "most iconic trilogy" poll and more of "which of these trilogies that I like do you prefer" poll.
I was thinking the same thing when I didn't see Indiana on here.
In that case, I probably should've added both. Indiana didn't cross my mind because I never considered it as a trilogy although the first 3 films are definitely iconic.

You can always submit your options apart from the polls'.

Well, I don't agree. BTTF is THE great trilogy, so this poll is rather silly. I mean, those awful Nolan Batman movies, really?
I don't think so.
Lots of people who don't share your sentiment. I didn't base the poll on what I liked, I based it on what critics liked.
Ugh, critics lol They tend to only like one style of movie. I take everything they say with a grain of salt. They suckered me into watching mother! after all.

I still haven't seen all of the Godfathers, or all of the Lord of the Rings yet, but I should. The only one I saw where I thought all three were really great was The Dark Knight one.

Toy Story comes close but the second one I remember being only good, and not great. I will have to watch it again.

If you say so. I found the third movie "The Dark Knight Rises" to be an incredibly bad movie. It was farcical at best.

The first trilogy I thought of, when I read the question, was Back to the Future. That may be because I'm an 80s child. Should a trilogy be three films that tell a continuing story (The first 3 Star Wars films and the 3 prequels apply then.) or 3 films that have the same characters but have separate stories (The Dark Knight fits into that category.)? You could argue Star Trek II, III and IV are a trilogy within a series. From your list I choose Toy Story because I think each one is pretty good and stands pretty well on its own.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Iconic film trilogy leaves off Back to the Future and puts on Bourne???

You have to be in your early twenties.

Suspect's Reviews

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy?
Iconic film trilogy leaves off Back to the Future and puts on Bourne???

You have to be in your early twenties.
Ha, I'm even younger than that. Not including BTTF was a mistake.

Hey, everyone's entitled to a mistake. The cool thing about this forum is it brings together movie fans of all ages and experiences so everyone can learn from others.

Dark Knight by far. 2 excellent reaching masterpiece territory movies and a great third one criminally attacked.

Star Wars is some kind of joke? I know these movies were a cultural phenomenon, but they're just cheesy movies for children.

LotR trilogy is overrated a lot, i didn't find any enjoyment in these filmes: bad humor, lots of uninteresting walking, black and white characters, the hobbits are insufferable. I know that most of it is due to the novel being old and the seminal work of it's kind, but the movies are what they are and i can only judge what i watch.

Fellowship is the best and most interesting movie, but the rest are borderline unwatchable 3+ hours pieces, they're Game of Thrones without what made Game of Thrones good: complex characters and their politics, violence, etc.

In the end of the day they were the Star Wars of the 00's, cultural phenomenon that impacted lots of childhoods around, because this is what they are, movies for children.

Dark Knight by far. 2 excellent reaching masterpiece territory movies and a great third one criminally attacked.

Star Wars is some kind of joke? I know these movies were a cultural phenomenon, but they're just cheesy movies for children.
I could combine these two to better match my opinion (it doesn't match perfectly but well enough):

Dark Knight is some kind of joke? I know these movies were a cultural phenomenon, but they're just cheesy movies for children.

Dark Knight is some kind of joke? I know these movies were a cultural phenomenon, but they're just cheesy movies for children.
Except Dark Knight trilogy was actually made by one of the best directors around and had one of the best written and acted villains in history (no, Darth Vader is not a good villain, he is just a guy with a cool voice and armor).

Batman Begins and Dark Knight are almost flawless movies. Star Wars is a cheesefest directed by untalented hacks.

Except Dark Knight trilogy was actually made by one of the best directors around and had one of the best written and acted villains in history (no, Darth Vader is not a good villain, he is just a guy with a cool voice and armor).

Batman Begins and Dark Knight are almost flawless movies. Star Wars is a cheesefest directed by untalented hacks.
Didn't mean to like this but missed the reply button

This is your opinion. My opinion is that TDK is most likely the most overrated movie ever made. And the point of this is that people have different opinions and dismissing a trilogy from the poll just because you (or I) don't like it is absurd.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I was excited to see a serious and brooding Batman return to the big screen and for the most part I was fine with it. But those close-up action shots were just too much!

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

While The Joker is #2, Darth Vader is #1:

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/...ovie-villains/

I will agree that The Dark Knight is a masterpiece, but the problems with the third movie are so numerous and blatant as to make it unwatchable. If the second movie was not so good, how bad the third one was might have tarnished it a lot (the same way that the sequels took off a lot of the shine of The Matrix).

Edit: P.S. "A guy with a cool voice and armor and the ability and will to kill you light years away for any perceived failure by using The Force, basically a power of telekinesis, in order to crush your windpipe". There, I fixed it for you.

Make a better place
I voted Dollar, which is I believe The Man With No Name series these movies are definitely some of the best movies ever made

It's actually the only trilogy that I love from that list

Well, Toy Story is good but I'm 31so I votes for the Western alone

I like how fans praise The Dark Knight for being a more serious, gritty, and realistic take on Batman but when you point out the plot holes and dumber aspects of the film they go "Its a movie about a rich guy dressed up like a bat going around bearing up criminals you shouldnt take it so seriously!"

Edit: P.S. "A guy with a cool voice and armor and the ability and will to kill you light years away for any perceived failure by using The Force, basically a power of telekinesis, in order to crush your windpipe". There, I fixed it for you.
What kind of silly argument is this: "my anime villain is the best, he can blow planets".

Darth Vader has an iconic design and voice, that's it, the character itself is nothing special, just popular.