Everybody Wants Some!! - Richard Linklater

Tools    

I have to return some videotapes.

Looks really good. I'm definitely interested in seeing it if my theater shows it.

It's got some generally good reviews (as usual with Linklater) - 90% rt, 90% metacritic, 8.3 imdb.

I felt the vibe better with this trailer than the last, but still, I might like this a lot and fall right in with the characters and quirkiness of it... or I'll totally not flow with it at all and hate it.

But it's Linklater, should be good.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I used to be a Linklater fan when he was making original stuff, but lately, he's trying to cash in... I like Before Sunrise, Tape. PTA's last two movies have been bad, another disappointment for me, as those were the two guys I thought "At least I'll have something to look forward to."

I guess "Trainspotting 2" is only film I will look forward to. Even if it's only a 6/10, I'd be happy to continue the story, especially considering all the same characters are back after 20 years.

Welcome to the human race...
I used to be a Linklater fan when he was making original stuff, but lately, he's trying to cash in... I like Before Sunrise, Tape. PTA's last two movies have been bad, another disappointment for me, as those were the two guys I thought "At least I'll have something to look forward to."
Not sure how much Linklater is trying to cash in lately, so to speak. Scanning his past few IMDb credits still reveals that he's done some decidedly unusual films that do not seem like the ideal ways in which to cash in - Bernie and Me and Orson Welles would be the obvious examples. I'll grant Before Midnight because it's actually a sequel and Boyhood because of the hype surrounding its incredibly ambitious (some would say gimmicky) production, but they still don't feel like cash-ins in the same way that The Bad News Bears does.

I guess "Trainspotting 2" is only film I will look forward to. Even if it's only a 6/10, I'd be happy to continue the story, especially considering all the same characters are back after 20 years.
What if it's less than 6/10?

Greatest reviewer alive

Bashing Linklater for selling out and Paul Thomas Anderson's last two movies are bad? Then you suggest Trainspotting 2 could be a 6? This is a travesty

Welcome to the human race...
As much as I like the original Trainspotting and have been waiting for them to make a film of the sequel for about a decade now, I have been pretty let down by all of Boyle's post-Sunshine films (I'd say they average out at
each or so) so I'm not entirely confident in his ability to pull off a sequel two decades later.

I have to return some videotapes...
This seems very retreaded and I don't understand why he would make a spiritual successor to Dazed and Confused when now there are a ton of stoner movies that copied it. It just seems so generic for someone like Linklater to go back to.

Thirty year old mulberry field

The Master is PTA'S best film, though.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
The Master is PTA'S best film, though.
I think "There Will Be Blood" is his masterpiece. "Magnolia" is probably my 2nd favorite, the first movie I saw of his. I saw his first movie last year, pretty good..

As for Trainspotting 2, I'm going to have to take a chance. I guess I try to imagine going to a theater and watching a Top 100 movie... In 2000, a friend of mine invited me to see "American Beauty" (a top 40) and I turned him down...