Cole's Film Reviews

→ in
Tools    

That's my bad on that, not sure why I didn't white out the rest of the sentence. And with the spoiler wrap, I usually see [spoiler] as a command, so after I saw that didn't work I just figured there was nothing for them. Thanks for checking in I guess, though.
Good point; I just added a plain old spoiler tag that doesn't require a movie title, just in case anyone else tries the same.

Goodfellas is in my top 5 , and sadly I have not seen The Godfather... inb4 -1 rep from everyone. I'll add that to my list.
People can't give negative rep here, so feel free to sh*t talk all over the forum.

Good review by the way.

Goodfellas is in my top 5 , and sadly I have not seen The Godfather... inb4 -1 rep from everyone. I'll add that to my list.
Hey Cole! A little piece of advice... you should bump The Godfather to the top of your list and watch it ASAP!!!

I have to return some videotapes.
People can't give negative rep here, so feel free to sh*t talk all over the forum.

Good review by the way.
Oh... Interesting.

I hate your guts! :P Did I do it right? .

And False, I'll watch it after I write up on Citizen Kane. Thanks for the reply.

Fell asleep before watching Kane yesterday, but today not in the mood for that or the Godfather. Gonna watch Apocalypse Now I think.

Fell asleep before watching Kane yesterday, but today not in the mood for that or the Godfather. Gonna watch Apocalypse Now I think.
Not a bad choice!

May 7th, 2015

True Grit (2010) Western. Coen Brothers. 2010.

Even though I'm not a big westerns guy, I loved this movie a kit. I felt like in every movie they direct, the Coens are able squeeze out the best performances of their actors like in this film, Bridges, Damon, and the youngin Steinfeld. The premise was simple but a great one that got me hooked from the start which made my experience a hell of a lot more fun. Jeff Bridges, who in my eyes is a damn good actor, starring in The Big Lebowski, The Last Picture Show, The Contender and others had his best performance of his career here. He definitely played a role outside of anything he had before and played it to perfection. Other than the acting in this movie, the best thing in my eyes is the way the Coens were able to move to uncharted territory and really make a film I couldn't really distinguish as a Coen Brothers movie. There wasn't much quirky dialogue, or really anything that is considered a "Coenism" in this movie and somehow they still pulled it off as a great movie and probably a top 3 movie in 2010.

So... yeah. I was pretty hard to please yesterday on any movie, was setting up Apocalypse and decided at the last minute to watch True Grit haha.

Lol, yeah that sometimes happens to me also. I only saw True Grit once and that was in the theater, but I remember it being surprisingly good! Jeff Bridges was amazing in it.

May 8th, 2015

I don't feel like giving a review on this film i've already seen, so i'll keep this short

Nightcrawler
1st Watch:

2nd Watch:

Jake Gyllenhaal again plays an outstanding role in "Nightcrawler", he is just one of the best actors in Hollywood at the moment. The premise was nice, and with a lot of no names in the movie Riz Ahmed did a hell of a job as a supporting actor.

I don't +rep on opinions, but on efforts, so though I'm not a huge fan of True Grit, I like how you state your points and I appreciate and respect your effort in doing reviews in general. So thumbs up, keep it going!

And by the way, I LOVE Nightcrawler though!

I don't +rep on opinions, but on efforts, so though I'm not a huge fan of True Grit, I like how you state your points and I appreciate and respect your effort in doing reviews in general. So thumbs up, keep it going!

And by the way, I LOVE Nightcrawler though!
Thanks a lot, man. Glad to see people are enjoying it!

Also, lol when I saw "efforts" I was expecting you to scold me for not doing a full review on Nightcrawler . I will definitely have 1 or 2 movies up tomorrow, if anyone cares :P.

Thanks a lot, man. Glad to see people are enjoying it!

Also, lol when I saw "efforts" I was expecting you to scold me for not doing a full review on Nightcrawler . I will definitely have 1 or 2 movies up tomorrow, if anyone cares :P.
Yeah, you could say I go against myself in that one, but what I meant was just your overall reviews and general effort around the forums. If you don't do a full review a few times that doesn't matter, really. You have still taken the time and effort to make a review thread and begin doing reviews. I know for a fact that you ain't just a "movie title - rating of the movie" type of guy. So that's cool!

May 10th, 2015.

Snatch Thriller. Guy Ritchie. 2000.

Honestly, before this movie I had never even heard of Guy Ritchie, but now after seeing this it makes me want to see his other films. The editing, dialogue, etc is all original which is cool to see and the acting wasn't half bad at all. Jason Statham plays the role greatly, and while I am not the biggest Pitt fan, he was hilarious and perfectly cast. There were some parts where I was kind of confused, but I just went with it and most of it made sense at the end. Overall, it's a kind of weird movie but it was still very enjoyable and I'd recommend it to anyone who likes Pitt, Vinnie Jones, or Statham because all 3 were great in it.

Boogie Nights

Way too hard for me to give a review, I watched it with some friends and couldn't keep focused because we had to stop it and start it a few times. Honestly, it was one of my favorite first watches again probably up there with Taxi Driver and Pulp. I do feel though that I need to watch it again in one sitting. All I can say is, Wahlberg, Hoffman, Reilly, Macy, Reynolds, and Cheadle were all amazing. Such a great cast used to perfection.

MY THOUGHTS:
but I feel like I need to see it fully and stay focused to give a real review for it.

Glad you liked it! Though it could be a fun movie to watch with friends, I will say that the cinematic aspects and overall impact of the film is kind of lost when you sit a bunch of guys and maybe not paying attention the entire time.

But throwing it a perfect 5 can only mean it was still amazing to you, even considering everything going on outside the film.

Glad you liked it! Though it could be a fun movie to watch with friends, I will say that the cinematic aspects and overall impact of the film is kind of lost when you sit a bunch of guys and maybe not paying attention the entire time.

But throwing it a perfect 5 can only mean it was still amazing to you, even considering everything going on outside the film.
I was trying to be focused but the stopping of the movie in the middle of it just killed all that happened for me. I kept getting hooked and then I lose something. I'm thinking about watching it again next week or whenever I feel like it to see if I like it as much.