Movies That Deal With Immortality Or Everlasting Life

Tools    

After watching The Fountain it got me interested in other movies that deal with living forever. The only movies I could think of are Forever Young, Highlander and Interview with the Vampire. Can anyone help me out with any others, movies about prolonged life or immortality ?

Can't really remember the film all that much, but wasn't The Fountain mainly about three parallel universes and such?

Anyways, cool thread my man.

I can't help but think of vampire films, to be honest. But that's too easy,so i'm going to go with the semi easy route and simply say that I really like HIGHLANDER!!! Damn google images..

Can't really remember the film all that much, but wasn't The Fountain mainly about three parallel universes and such?

Anyways, cool thread my man.

I can't help but think of vampire films, to be honest. But that's too easy,so i'm going to go with the semi easy route and simply say that I really like
Thanks, The Fountain is about three different stories but the theme of the whole movie is eternal life/love.

ps. Your pic link didn't work

The Picture of Dorian Gray
1945 - Albert Lewin

The best of the adaptations of the Oscar Wilde novel, starring George Sanders, Angela Lansbury, Peter Lawford, Donna Reed and Hurd Hatfield. The latest version is about to debut on the big screen with Colin Firth, Rebecca Hall, Ben Chaplin, Fiona Shaw and Ben Barnes.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Episodes of the original "The Twilight Zone"

"Long Live Walter Jameson"
original airdate March 1960
Kevin McCarthy plays a history professor who is able to bring the subject to life for his students almost as if they were first-person accounts...which it turns out they are. He's planning on marrying the daughter of another professor on the campus, but he's figured out that his potential son-in-law has been alive for at least a hundred years.

"Escape Clause"
Original airdate November 1959
David Wayne stars as a selfish man who makes a deal with the Devil himself so that he may live forever. Of course the term of a "life sentence" takes on new meaning to him when he is convicted of his wife's murder. "There's a saying, 'Every man is put on Earth condemned to die, time and method of execution unknown.' Perhaps this is as it should be. Case in point: Walter Bedeker, lately deceased, a little man with such a yen to live. Beaten by the Devil, by his own boredom, and by the scheme of things in this; the Twilight Zone."

Cocoon deals with immortality...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
On Borrowed Time (1939)

"Eternity, which is a right smart piece of time"

Semper Fooey
Dr. Phibes Rises Again - not only Phibes, but Robert Quarry who has lived for centuries.

Lost Horizon

There was another Twilight Zone episode with Ann Blyth (the psycho daughter in Mildred Pierce) who was an actress who played The Queen of the Nile and turns out to really be one. The elderly woman who is supposed to be her mother is really her daughter.

The Wandering Jew (1933) He pissed Jesus off and now he's got to live through the centuries until Christ comes back.

She (1933 and 1965) The Queen has been around for centuries, can't die, unless she falls in love. Oh-oh. Her fun nickname to her followers is: She-Who-must-Be Obeyed.

Horror Hotel (City of the Dead) The Puritans burned the damn witch, but she's still kicking centuries later and will remain so as long as she sacrifices young girls to Satan.

Countess Dracula Based (somewhat) on a true story, Elizabeth Bathroy was convinced if she bathed in the blood of virgins she slaughtered, it would keep her beautiful and immortal. It works that way (for a while) in the movie.

Brigadoon

Peter Pan

I recently saw this and what looks like a rather cheap made for TV movie at the start turns into a really good piece of work.

Check it out if you haven't already.
I looked The Man from Earth up and it sounds like exactly what I'm after, I'm definitely going to watch this soon.

Stay with the blanket!
The Hunger, awesome movie with David Bowie, Catherine Deneuve and Susan Sarandon.

(Oops, English isn't my first language. Mistakes may occur.)

Lots of good choices, so far. How about Pandora and the Flying Dutchman (1951) with Ava Gardner and James Mason in the respective roles.

The Ghost and Mrs. Muir (1947) has a certain "afterlife-ever-after" quality as does the haunting Portrait of Jennie (1948) with Joseph Cotton and Jennifer Jones.

And there is definitely a feeling of eternal life in the last scene when Richard Burton and Jean Simmons go off to execution rather than deny their Christian faith before Caligua in The Robe (1953), the first CinemaScope feature film.

Plus The Green Mile--I'm surprised no one listed that yet (or did I just overlook the entry?)