Comedy that parodies the Bible and gladiators?

Tools    

Ok, my wife is driving me crazy with this and I know we're not gonna rest until we know the answer. She's trying to remember a film she saw when she was a kid, so that means it's 80's or before that parodied some Bible events, but also featured gladiators. She doesn't remember a lot of specific events, but she seems to remember a scene with the head of someone (John the Baptist?) on a plate as well as some character sticking out a very long tongue (like rolling out of his mouth). She later said that the tongue might've even been from the decapitated head, but she's not 100% sure.

Any thoughts so we can sleep tonight?

Na, I saw Life of Brian about a month or two ago, and she even saw part of it with me, and it doesn't have a scene with a head like that.

Possibly History Of The World Part 1.

I thought about that one cause that's a film I saw a loooot when I was a teen, but I don't remember it having the scenes or things she mentions. Anyway, she was reading the synopsis and it didn't seem to be that one.

Wasn't a movie - but I remember a skit on Monty Python that had John the Baptist's head on a platter - then I think the platter takes off and speeds away with car noises as if it was a race car?

Could be: Whooly Moses (1980) ?

I mentioned that one to her, but I haven't seen it so I have no way to verify. I'll show her the trailer, see if it rings any bells.

Wasn't a movie - but I remember a skit on Monty Python that had John the Baptist's head on a platter - then I think the platter takes off and speeds away with car noises as if it was a race car?
Hmmm, who knows. I'll see if I can get my hands on that one.

Thanks to all for the help. She's not sure but she seems to remember the film or whatever to be somewhat "risque" or "edgy", in terms of sensuality/sexuality. Take from that what you may *shrugs*

This might be too old, but how about:
A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum (1969)
I'll show her the title, see what she thinks. Thanks

Are you sure that it's American comedy? Perhaps it's something from Italian comedies from 60's.

Gli invincibili dieci gladiatori (1964)
I dieci gladiatori (1963)
Il gladiatore di Roma (1962)

Are you sure that it's American comedy? Perhaps it's something from Italian comedies from 60's.

Gli invincibili dieci gladiatori (1964)
I dieci gladiatori (1963)
Il gladiatore di Roma (1962)
If it's something she saw in local television, chances are it was dubbed to Spanish, so there's no way to know. I'll show her those titles, though. Thanks!

Are YOU/WE sure that is comedy ? From what i getting from that two scenes it can even be horror !?

Are YOU/WE sure that is comedy ? From what i getting from that two scenes it can even be horror !?
As far as she remembers, it is a comedy. Sort of like a satire, sorta racy and irreverent, she says.

The movie Year One (2009) is from the wrong era, but it parodies parts of the book of Genesis and has guys in gladiator type costumes in parts. But it's only Old Testament, so no John the Baptist.

Ok, my wife is driving me crazy with this and I know we're not gonna rest until we know the answer. She's trying to remember a film she saw when she was a kid, so that means it's 80's or before that parodied some Bible events, but also featured gladiators. She doesn't remember a lot of specific events, but she seems to remember a scene with the head of someone (John the Baptist?) on a plate as well as some character sticking out a very long tongue (like rolling out of his mouth). She later said that the tongue might've even been from the decapitated head, but she's not 100% sure.

Any thoughts so we can sleep tonight?
Monty Python and the Holy Grail perhaps ?

Monty Python and the Holy Grail perhaps ?
Nah, I saw that one last year and it didn't have that scene.

The movie Year One (2009) is from the wrong era, but it parodies parts of the book of Genesis and has guys in gladiator type costumes in parts. But it's only Old Testament, so no John the Baptist.
Doubt it. That's fairly recent and she remembers it from when she was a kid.