Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Call Her Savage (John Francis Dillon, 1932)
+
Not quite as wild a ride as I'd imagined or hoped

Welcome to the human race...
Martha -

WARNING: "." spoilers below
WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME

Unregistered User
I got a copy of this last saturday. I'll watch this during this week. Nice to see that you enjoyed. I'm excited to watch!

Great film. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. Enjoy.

Bad Moms (2016)

I did laugh out loud a handful of times and I enjoyed myself moderately, but this comedy is just so terribly standard. Mila Kunis is alright in the lead, nothing more, and it's the stereotypical supporting performances that generate the most laughs and interest. My biggest beef is that the movie commits what I consider the biggest sin for a raunchy type comedy, and that's getting sentimental with a message towards the end. That makes me squirm.

That makes me squirm.
But I always thought you enjoyed a good squirm

Unregistered User

Stranger Than Paradise (1984)

One of the funniest and coolest films I've seen in a long long time. Its difficult to put in writing why this is so funny as it is fairly minimalist but the characters are engaging and the storyline was just so absorbing. The black and white filmed realism works a treat too with a real sense of loneliness throughout.

What a film!

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses

Stranger Than Paradise (1984)

One of the funniest and coolest films I've seen in a long long time. Its difficult to put in writing why this is so funny as it is fairly minimalist but the characters are engaging and the storyline was just so absorbing. The black and white filmed realism works a treat too with a real sense of loneliness throughout.

What a film!

I think it's the emphasis on the three, since there aren't any other major characters. I gave it the same rating

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Cop Land (1997)

Small-town Sheriff discovers corruption in his little cop-filled town.

I love Stallone going against type as schlubby, non-confrontational Sheriff Freddy. He spends his days ignoring speeders (mostly the hotshot city cops that live there), and checking out illegally dumped trash. The cops who come home from working in the big mean city treat him condescendingly like a sad sack puppy dog, which he is, really.

This is a who's who of actors, Sooo many strikingly familiar faces, which robs the film a bit, as you discover one, then the other, then another....

Ray Liotta is very good and raw as Sheriff Freddy's bug-eyed, burnt out cop friend.

It could've bitten a bit deeper, but it was just pretty ok for the most part. Just like Sheriff Freddy himself.

3.5 Stallone-blank-stares-out-of-5

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

Merchants of War (Rating: B-): I saw this for the first time when I was only 11 years old when it was on VHS. I got my DVD of it last night and this is totally a film Cannon Films could have done during their heyday. A mercenary is kidnapped during a botched mission in Angola (actually South Africa playing Angola) and escapes while learning his best friend may still be alive. He rallies his old team in a rescue mission. Overacting, stereotype villains, Cannon-style action, 80's hair...what more can you ask for?

Les Misérables (Tom Hooper, 2012)
+
Even miserable people can produce a little joy now and then

My biggest beef is that the movie commits what I consider the biggest sin for a raunchy type comedy, and that's getting sentimental with a message towards the end. That makes me squirm.
"So I learned something today. Bad moms deserve love, too."

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
My biggest beef is that the movie commits what I consider the biggest sin for a raunchy type comedy, and that's getting sentimental with a message towards the end. That makes me squirm.
All mainstream raunchy comedies do that nowadays.

Stranger Than Paradise (1984). One of the funniest and coolest films I've seen in a long long time. Its difficult to put in writing why this is so funny as it is fairly minimalist but the characters are engaging and the storyline was just so absorbing. The black and white filmed realism works a treat too with a real sense of loneliness
Paraphrasing my favorite line from the movie: we went to ——- to get away from ourselves, but when we got there, there we were.

Re-watched this very good movie. I think I like all Noah Baumbach movies.

Not bad. Who knew George C. Scott & Julie Christie would have such lovely chemistry. Beautiful photography for a movie made 50 years ago & was interested to see that the DP was Nicholas Roeg.

The English Patient (1996)

Nice image of Juliette Binoche – as usual fantastic in that film.

Sorry, just couldn't resist.
Yeah it didn't engage me unfortunately. And I like Fiennes and Scott Thomas into the bargain.

Tank 432 aka Belly Of The Bulldog (Nick Gillespie, 2015)
+
The 'Septic' in the title is not only silent but invisible

Yeah it didn't engage me unfortunately. And I like Fiennes and Scott Thomas into the bargain.
I’ve tried, but I could not finish The English Patient.