Chubby one man army. Unknown title, actors, era

Tools    

Heyyall!

I've been searching for week trying to find an old movie, any help appreciated.

1960-1980's? Colored movie anyway.
The main character is chubby one man army and he's with a professor who's searching for oil? They are in desert most of the time. Somewhere or the whole movie the main character has conflicts with Arabs?
He meets or gets captured by some clan of desert ninjas. He has been part of the ninjas himself in the past? (Members have some kind of amulet/ring). The amulet/ring is a part of some oath and the ninjas help the main character.

Anyway the main character kicks everyone's asses in the end with help of his ninja friends. Feels like there is some comedy attached in the "kills" /witty comments.
I think there was a bad guy midget at some point in the movie as well.
And at the end of the movie professor finds oil pocket that bursts.

I would really love to see this movie again if i could just find it. All help is appreciated!

I think you clinged too much on the ninja part. I'm pretty sure we are on 70-80 era when the film was made. Also lot of it took place in the desert scenes if i'm not mistaken. Also there is pretty much one main character (big bearded dude).

I think you clinged too much on the ninja part. I'm pretty sure we are on 70-80 era when the film was made. Also lot of it took place in the desert scenes if i'm not mistaken. Also there is pretty much one main character (big bearded dude).
I don't know your movie, but is it possible that main character was played by Bud Spencer? He was famous star of Italian movies. Although I watched only 26 movies from his list of almost 80 movies. Is it possible that it is Bud Spencer?

Other possibility is John Rhys Davies, popular American actor from low-budget movies.

Definitely could be one of these two! Never thought someone would understand my description or connect it to an actor!
I'll be checking their biography and see what i find! Thanks a bunch, also keep em coming if you can connect it to the actual movie

Ok so @wositelec got me straight to the right path, the movie i was looking is Flatfoot in Egypt part 1&2
Original movie Piedone d'Egitto (1980) - Bud Spencer & Enzo Cannavale

Now i just gotta find the English dub/sub version.
I can't thank you enough!

Case closed

Ok so @wositelec got me straight to the right path, the movie i was looking is Flatfoot in Egypt part 1&2
Original movie Piedone d'Egitto (1980) - Bud Spencer & Enzo Cannavale

Now i just gotta find the English dub/sub version.
I can't thank you enough!

Case closed
It's amazing! I marked in my Polish movie database that I watched this 14 March 2021. Perhaps your description of plot was blurry or my memory isn't too good

By the way, Piedone is very good series. I reccommend to watch all four movies!
Piedone lo sbirro
Piedone a Hong Kong
Piedone l'africano
Piedone d'Egitto - last part of the series