Musical
23.08%
12 votes
Noir
23.08%
12 votes
War
52 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Also, I'm glad we didn't do a 2000's list as, judging by the All-Time top 100, the LotR trilogy would've likely claimed the top three or four spots.

The trick is not minding
I went with musicals. The reason is the list that’s currently available from AFI is only 50 and left out foreign musicals. Time to do a proper top 100 IMO. Don’t expect it to win. Had I paid attention, I would have also voted for Noir and War.

If foreign language wins, please, name the countdown "Forin Langage Top-100"
Ha, I swear I've typed Foreign Language Countdown a 100 times in the last week, and haven't been able to spell it correctly yet...including this post! (thank goodness for smell check)

If foreign language wins, please, name the countdown "Forin Langage Top-100"
I can't remember the last time I heard an idea so terrible that I so badly wanted to do anyway.

If foreign Language win, I'll need to sit this one out, not a big fan of foreign but I'll still check the countdown out though. Atleast if foreign wins we don't need to deal with it again

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

If foreign Language win, I'll need to sit this one out, not a big fan of foreign but I'll still check the countdown out though. Atleast if foreign wins we don't need to deal with it again
So, there are always two types of responses to lists on a topic someone hasn't seen much:

1) I guess I can't participate, I haven't seen many!
2) I haven't seen many, I guess this is my opportunity to watch a bunch!

Consider #2! Some people specifically choose lists for things they haven't seen a lot of because they know it will motivate them to remedy that.

I'm game for any one that wins, but I voted "noir".

One thing you'll get a ton of if/when Foreign Language wins is people who've seen a lot of foreign cinema VERY happy to make a bunch of recommendations based on what you're most likely to enjoy if you're new to it.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
If foreign language wins, my list is going to include films of all languages except Polish.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Also, I'm glad we didn't do a 2000's list as, judging by the All-Time top 100, the LotR trilogy would've likely claimed the top three or four spots.
If we ever do a 2000's list, hopefully it only takes one spot, it makes the list not as predictable I mean yea LOTR might be #1 at the end of it but it would be interesting to see what #2 or #3 will be.

Nope, The Lord of the Rings movies will count as three separate titles when we re-do the proper 2000-2009 list.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

So, there are always two types of responses to lists on a topic someone hasn't seen much:

1) I guess I can't participate, I haven't seen many!
2) I haven't seen many, I guess this is my opportunity to watch a bunch!

Consider #2! Some people specifically choose lists for things they haven't seen a lot of because they know it will motivate them to remedy that.
Great point. I could give you a list of 100 probably that would knock your socks off.

My foreign language film viewing isn't *awful*, particularly compared to the public at large, but I'll definitely be looking for recs when we get started, if this lead holds up. Hopefully the more well-viewed people are willing to cater those recs to my sensibilities at least a bit.

Nope, The Lord of the Rings movies will count as three separate titles when we re-do the proper 2000-2009 list.
Not if I run that list , which I wouldn't because it would be too much work for me and plus it would be silly to just run the list to make sure only one makes it.

Yeah, anyone interested in running Foreign Language if it wins?

It's fine if people wanna PM me about it, too, so there's not a faux public competition or any awkwardness.

Keep in mind you'll have plenty of logistical help.