French movie about a guy with a lot of bad luck

Tools    

I've been trying for quite some time to find this movie again, but no success so far, so hopefully someone knows it.
It is a comedic french movie about a guy with a lot of bad luck, his house burns down, I think he also loses his job and his wife leaves him, and later in the movie he ends up at his brothers place, who is doing something nefarious(it might even be planning some sort of terrorist attack) and then the guy also becomes a suspect and the police is after him. Unfortunately I don't remember any of the names of the actors/characters.

I know only "La chèvre" (1981), but it isn't rather.

How old is movie? When did you watch it?

La Chèvre was remade as Pure Luck (1991) a decade later in America starring Martin Short and Danny Glover. Your plot specifics don't really match up, other than a character with very bad luck, but La Chèvre is surely the logical place to start.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Thanks for replying folks! It is not the La Chevre. I don't know when the movie was made, but it was definitely newer than that. I think I had it on DVD, and since foreign, non-blockbuster movies are unlikely to get a rerelease on DVD, it is probably from 1995 or later. I guess not later than 2010. So it isn't from Jacques Tati either.

Thanks for replying folks! It is not the La Chevre. I don't know when the movie was made, but it was definitely newer than that. I think I had it on DVD, and since foreign, non-blockbuster movies are unlikely to get a rerelease on DVD, it is probably from 1995 or later. I guess not later than 2010. So it isn't from Jacques Tati either.
I did exact Google Search and I found something very similar.

Could be Claude (1992). Here is a description of the plot:
Claude (Mark Evan Jacobs) is a hapless blue-collared loser living in Providence, Rhode Island whose life changes for the worse when he is unfairly fired from his job, his girlfriend cheats on him, and his apartment burns down resulting in him falsely arrested for arson. His life take a turn for the positive when he meets and befriends Beatrice (Irène Jacob) an emigrant French woman who cares for a young Cambodian orphan girl. Beatrice moves in with Claude and his dysfunctional family where she persuades him to get his life back on track while both of them slowly fall in love with each other.

I did exact Google Search and I found something very similar.

Could be Claude (1992). Here is a description of the plot:
Wow that is indeed very similar. However, I don´t think there was any love story in the 2nd part. While there is a french woman in the movie, Claude seems to be an english language movie taking place in the US.

The movie I'm looking for was really a french language movie, probably taking place in France.

Wow that is indeed very similar. However, I don´t think there was any love story in the 2nd part. While there is a french woman in the movie, Claude seems to be an english language movie taking place in the US.

The movie I'm looking for was really a french language movie, probably taking place in France.
Are you sure? It's very similar plot, so it's very strange that I made a mistake.

Are you sure that it was French movie? Perhaps it's something in style Fantozzi - Italian series of different movies, where main character is guy with a lot of bad luck. I didn't watch, but I will watch during several next days, if I will be have a time.

Other possiblity is La chance de ma vie, but it is from 2010.

Are you sure? It's very similar plot, so it's very strange that I made a mistake.

Are you sure that it was French movie? Perhaps it's something in style Fantozzi - Italian series of different movies, where main character is guy with a lot of bad luck. I didn't watch, but I will watch during several next days, if I will be have a time.

Other possiblity is La chance de ma vie, but it is from 2010.
Yes, I'm sure. Maybe the movie I'm looking for was inspired by Claude. Also sure it was a French movie.

It is also not La chance de ma vie.

I saw the movie with someone else and she is also sure about this.

It sounds like something that Daniel Auteil would be in. Try IMDBing him.
Do you mean Daniel Auteuil? I checked the description of all his movies on his IMDB page but didn´t find a match.

Maybe you should to describe actor (face, hair, he was fat or slim ?). I found two suggestions else.

1) Incontrôlable (2006) - it is about man with bad luck

2) Dikkenek (2006) - but it is Belgian comedy movie

It's very long shot, but I found comedy film about similar plot - Bonsoir (1994)
Bonsoir (1994)Alex lost his job and home. He meets the lesbian Caroline who gives him a new start.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0165113/?ref_=tt_urv