Coronavirus

Tools    

I get my second shot in April, and it's starting to dawn on me now that I no longer have an excuse for declining social invitations. I've been livin' the dream this past year, but now I'll have to start going to "parties" and "barbecues" and stuff again. UGH!

(only half-joking)
You can use the excuse that - rarely, but it can happen - you could still contract the virus post-vaccination. It wouldn’t be as severe or life-threatening, but it can happen.

Post-vaccination, I intend to continue staying away from masses of people.

Amazed to see two people sharing a cigarette yesterday. A middle-aged woman & a younger man.

Just got tested for the first time, 15 minute wait at drive thru. Everyone at my job got notified last night of another outbreak there so everyone needs a negative before heading back.

They were probably lovers.
They’re not.

Just got tested for the first time, 15 minute wait at drive thru. Everyone at my job got notified last night of another outbreak there so everyone needs a negative before heading back.
15 minutes is not bad at all. I don’t know anyone who’s been through a drive-thru & I was wondering how long these places took. The biggest vaccination site in Connecticut is a drive-thru at a 10-lane abandoned airfield. Who knows, I may end up going there.

They’re not.

15 minutes is not bad at all. I don’t know anyone who’s been through a drive-thru & I was wondering how long these places took. The biggest vaccination site in Connecticut is a drive-thru at a 10-lane abandoned airfield. Who knows, I may end up going there.
This was on the grounds of a college less than a mile from my house where I sometimes take the dogs. I was out of there by 2:10pm and got my negative result by text at 8am the next day.

One thing I notice every day when I walk around town is the number of brand-new indoor parking lots. Boy, did these people ever make an error of judgment in time. These huge monoliths were begun in 2019 & finished last year. One is still being worked on, but is almost done. The irony of the newest one is that it is adjacent to an outdoor parking lot that is always empty.

Near my house all the outdoor parking lots are empty since the employees of the huge company that owns them now all park in indoor “executive parking” spots since so few employees are actually coming into the office. I like to watch the parking monitor on the wall of this parking lot. 1500 spaces & the number drops to, maybe, 1430 every day, meaning that only 70 employees have actually come to the office.

Even when the economy rebounds it’s not going to be the same as before. Spotify, for example, is telling all employees to work from home or even work in a different state. They don’t care.

The wife and I just booked appointments for the morning of April 26th. First dose, second one would be sometime in mid-to-late May. Really relieved, though I'll be a lot more relieved once it's happened.

The wife and I just booked appointments for the morning of April 26th. First dose, second one would be sometime in mid-to-late May. Really relieved, though I'll be a lot more relieved once it's happened.
Congrats!

I am vaccinated, as are my sister and brother-in-law (because we are all teachers).

My parents have each had their first dose and will get their second this week. My mother basically hasn't left their property in a year (aside from coming to visit me at my house a few times) and I am so glad she is on the road to being able to get out more often.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Your grandpa is fully vaccinated--with NO side effects after EITHER dose! I get my second dose on April 16. So glad you and Mrs. Yoda are in the pipeline! I'm just making sure I can lay low April 17-18 in case I have the usual symptoms so many others have reported after the second dose. Otherwise, I'm excited to see some light at the end of this very long tunnel.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Couple of my staff getting sick for a few days after vaccine which caused a bit of chaos. My mum wasn't very well either. All fine now though.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Alabama just reduced vaccination restrictions so now anyone over 16 is eligible. I was not expecting that. It was heartening to see the line of drive-through patients at the local hospital this morning.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Please don't drive through patients people, please just wait a few moments until the way is clear

Alabama just reduced vaccination restrictions so now anyone over 16 is eligible. I was not expecting that. It was heartening to see the line of drive-through patients at the local hospital this morning.
Connecticut has done the same. First day (April 1) was surprised on twitter that so many people here were having difficulties procuring an appointment. Because we had driven past the largest vaccine site in CT and there were like only 6 cars there first thing in the a.m. Confusing.

By the time I have my vaccination we should have a one dose injection available here in the UK, so no need to wait for a second one. Really happy to hear that. Not good with needles.

My father has just had his second dose with no side effects, just waiting for my Mum to get her second now, should be soon.

Hope all are keeping well.

By the time I have my vaccination we should have a one dose injection available here in the UK, so no need to wait for a second one. Really happy to hear that. Not good with needles.

My father has just had his second dose with no side effects, just waiting for my Mum to get her second now, should be soon.

What is name of the vaccination? Is it effective?

The Adventure Starts Here!

If this helps, I have to get routine bloodwork every 3-4 months. I'm also not good with needles, and of course, for bloodwork they have to hit a vein and then keep that needle in there for about a minute to get all the blood they want.

But this vaccine is intramuscular, meaning they simply jab you with a tiny needle (it was tiny compared to the bloodwork needles!) and within seconds you're outta there! VERY easy even for this needle-phobe.

What is name of the vaccination? Is it effective?
Johnson & Johnson is the one-dose. I presume it’s effective.

^ Yep that is the one. Apparently it's 85% effective.

If this helps, I have to get routine bloodwork every 3-4 months. I'm also not good with needles, and of course, for bloodwork they have to hit a vein and then keep that needle in there for about a minute to get all the blood they want.

But this vaccine is intramuscular, meaning they simply jab you with a tiny needle (it was tiny compared to the bloodwork needles!) and within seconds you're outta there! VERY easy even for this needle-phobe.
It's not really anything like that, don't have a problem with the needle going through, it's the fear of air bubbles being missed in the syringe that always sends me into a panic even though I've always been told it's very rare but it's the main worry of injections for me.

My dentist once showed me how much air was needed in the syringe to cause trouble but it's an irrational fear of mine unfortunately.

Thank you though, the size of the needle you mentioned was good to hear.