Rate the Signature

Tools    

3/5, Daffodil have you seen any of the other three films directed by Malick?
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Registered Creature
Nah, TNW is the only Malick picture I've seen.. I've heard mostly great acclaim for The Thin Red Line. I've gotta get around to checking out his other stuff someday.

Registered Creature
Apparently there were a few real LOL dialogue moments in TTRL; "We. We together. One being. Flow together like water. Till I can't tell you from me. I drink you. Now. Now."

Even though I haven't seen it, that is pretty funny..

Considering it's ranked #15 on my all time list I would not think of that line as funny. If you saw the film and understand the idea and metaphors within its narrative you (hopefully) wouldn't laugh either. But again if you like The New World (which is certainly Malick's weakest film), there's a good chance you'll like his others. Although I wonder if you thought The New World was a comedy...

Registered Creature
No way, jose.

I think it was funnier when I'd first read that line.