True Blood

Tools    

Holy ****, the season finale was amazing. Those final moments of season 2 especially:

WARNING: "True Blood" spoilers below
With Bill asking Sookie to marry him, and then some mysterious stranger kidnapping him. I have a really strange feeling that Eric was the one that kidnapped him, because of the conversation Eric and Sophie-Anne were having earlier in the episode and that the mysterious person was wearing gloves. A human wouldn't have to wear gloves when holding silver.

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
Yeah it was good. Btw, the details of Sam's family are very different in the books.

I'm hoping you are wrong on your spoiler. That would undermine something I would like to see happen in the future.

Yeah it was good. Btw, the details of Sam's family are very different in the books.

I'm hoping you are wrong on your spoiler. That would undermine something I would like to see happen in the future.
I'm kind of hoping I'm wrong, too, but right now that seems like the only logical choice to me.

Welcome to the human race...
First episode of season 2 screened here tonight. Most amusing thing was my mum watching it with me and wondering why I watch such a terrible show.

*shrug*

obviously they detoured from the books, but they still have to get bill out of the picture some kind of way in order to develop the Sookie/Eric (and everyone else) storylines. It seems like it would have been easier if they had just followed the book storyline.

The whole Eric v. Bill thing is just weird to me, at this point. So mundane. Plus, if they truly do "get rid" of Bill, its....just weird, because you always get the sense from the books that Harris is going to put Bill & Sook back together.

Finally - what's odd is that they've done away with the whole connection between Bill, Sookie & Bill's Maker. If nothing else, that at best justified the entire Sookie storyline, and at least explained that the chain of events surrounding Sookie did not occur in a vacuum - and were actually orchestrated by someone with more of a bird's eye view.

Instead, what we have now is ....well, chaos.

Nice to see that they might begin opening the Shifter storylines next season, and that we are starting down the path to discover Sookie's other talents.

...I just can wait until the Fairies show up - and here's hoping they show before the show gets canceled.

And wait - is it me, or does it seem like they made Jason Stackhouse even more DUMB this season? Something is really not right with that boy.

I was a bit bored with the season finale. I thought it ended way too soon & then a lot of ho hum everyday stuff that wasn't season finale material. The ending was really really good tho !

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
i think all true blood fans will agree with Pinkie that the season was too short... i wanted more and i cannot wait til the new season begins. too bad that they don't film like nip/tuck and have a short mini run!!

Welcome to the human race...
So I ended up missing one or two episodes (think this was episode 5 or 6) and decided to give up and read the plot synopsis for each episode on Wikipedia. Guess I can afford to give up on this show now.

So I have read all the books by Charlaine Harris (I think thats her name) And i loved them to death.

I only recently found out that True Blood was based on said books so im way behind in watching it

Just finished watching Season 1 and loved it to death!!!

Though ive never been a huge fan of Anna Paquin, I think she plays a good Sookie stackhouse, and for the most part, they stay true to the book which im enjoying a lot.

If you ask me this seems like the year to cash in on Vampire novels. Where is Mrs Rice ?

Its kinda sad. From what I know, she lost her daughter when she was just a child(hence Claudia), then within the past few years, Rice lost her husband (who she based Lestat off of) and now she has turned back to the Catholic faith and will no longer write any more Vampire Chronicles because for whatever reason. Sad day.

LOVE this show!

OMG. I just bought Season One this week and I've watched all of them except the last two episodes. I don't really wanna read this thread because I don't wanna see spoilers for season 2 -- I guess I'll have to wait until it's out on Blu-ray because I don't have HBO.

But this is a great show.

Its kinda sad. From what I know, she lost her daughter when she was just a child(hence Claudia), then within the past few years, Rice lost her husband (who she based Lestat off of) and now she has turned back to the Catholic faith and will no longer write any more Vampire Chronicles because for whatever reason. Sad day.
I read she ll be writing one more novel about Lestat. Its actually a good thing she hasn't released anything right now because it would just add to the Twilight bs and I'd rather her vampires aren't compared to Meyer's.

I finally got around to reading the books and, for the most part, liked them... so, I gave the first season another go... and am pretty much sucked (bad pun intended) in... and am looking forward to seeing the second season (think it comes out on DVD in May)...

I like Sookie... but Bill annoys the hell out of me for some reason... and that brother of hers needs to be neutered...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Beware The Probe!
I need season 3, this is killing me waiting!
I know the feeling.
I've been relying on Vampire Diaries for my vamp fix lately.
It's not near as awesome as True Blood but it beats Twilight easily.