Any NBA Basketball fans?

Tools    

Yeah, I can see why the Clippers have been so heavily favored in the series, but the Mavs have shown how dangerous they can be and will be for years to come.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
The Clips/Mavs game was absolutely sick
I was chatting (while the games were recording) and someone spoiled it for me

I didn't realize until "Inside the NBA" that Montrez called Luka a "b***** a**'d white boy".. The NBA didn't release a statement about it (double standard) and when Barkley tried (three times) to say "If a white guys said that about--" he kept getting interrupted by Shaq and Kenny Smith, who said something dumb like, "Maybe it's racist, but it's not racism because Montrez has no power over Luka" - that's not the qualification. Also, guys like Luka ARE the minority. The only thing Luka said to him after that play was "Man, stop floppin'".... Besides the hypocrisy, Luka is a great guy, and a MUCH better player than Montrez, who is a very good bench player.

Speaking of benches, Raptors bench scored 100! But with Lowry leaving at the 1st quarter and not coming back, the Celtics have a good chance. Only team to beat them in the bubble, and won 3 out of 4 this season.

Joel Embiid is too immature and out of shape to even win a single game. They just haven't improved despite having the most talented four guys, and other players. But Joel is soooo great on Twitter! Ben Simmons is a heck of a player, but it wouldn't hurt if he shot a 3 once in a while to keep the defense honest, but the guy can do EVERYTHING else at such a high level... If a guy can shoot a high %, no one ever questions his defense, or how he can probe an offense, his energy level, hustle, how he battles pick and rolls, etc etc.

Donovan Mitchell is one great player, and just like last year, it seems the Nuggets will be upset. Most of their guys can't play defense.....

Houston hasn't won a game, but they're hit or miss. I don't have much confidence in that team, but they shoot 80 threes, so if they get hot, they could win, but I don't see them beating Utah or LA.. They have also tried everything, and can't get over the hump. Josh Smith had to bail them out being down 20, and down 3-1 while Harden sat on the bench.. Just like how T-Mac could never get out of the playoffs, until his Rockets did, only because he didn't play (I don't think Yao played, either). I hope they lose - I don't like their floppin style of iso ball, passing up open layups for 3s.

Luka is a bad motherf*cker.
He's not the greatest athlete or shooter but he has an incredible feel for the game. They need another couple pieces and they'll be right there.

Let the night air cool you off
I know this sounds like we are taking all of the cliches about white ballers and bringing them up to describe Luka now, but he’s craft as hell. That Euro step he put on PG was so smooth.

I know this sounds like we are taking all of the cliches about white ballers and bringing them up to describe Luka now, but he’s craft as hell. That Euro step he put on PG was so smooth.
And he's scrappy lol

He's not the greatest athlete or shooter but he has an incredible feel for the game. They need another couple pieces and they'll be right there.
Hopefully this puts the Bird couldn't play vs today's athletes to rest. Bird was a little taller but they are about equivalent athletes and Luka is torching PG and Kawhi. Plus too Bird would shoot a lot more 3s now and the game is lets face it softer and easier to move and score for stars.

You can just tell in some basketball players their DNA is just different. Some people just shrink at the end and some people absolutely want the ball. You can see it in Luka's body language he is fearless. His emotions and fire on the court is genuine unlike other dudes who are artificial and playing for the cameras. They will break down when sh*t gets real. I've seen LeBron do it alot. Game 1 vs Portland he bricked two free throws up 7. Then came down got blocked by Whiteside because he was afraid of contact and the line. Then bricked a 3 pointer a couple possessions later then passed the ball off to Caurso at the end of the game. Luka is cut out of the Jordan DNA on the court I believe, I'll need more evidence but he is a killer.

Also Luka's stats impact winning. Harden's stats are hallow and for himself. He shrinks at the end of important games as well. It's hard for me to articulate but I know basketball played through college. You can tell in teammates too. I would love playing with Luka. I would hate playing with Harden. I would freaking love to see Luka go through Kawhi, Harden and LeBron in the west. That would rival Dirk's 2011 run of Kobe, Durant, Westbrook, Harden, LeBron and Wade. His ring was worth 2 to me.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

The Lakers and Rockets are both boring teams to watch so I hope neither team makes the finals, even though I can't stand the Clippers either.

If the Rockets actually manage to win the Finals this year, I'll definitely have to credit the pandemic for doing something to other teams' morale, attitudes, etc.

Houston is the only team I can't stand.. I wanted them to lose in the 1st round so NO ONE tries to emulate that boring basketball.
It's not boring basketball, Harden is just no fun to watch. Put Curry or Nash in charge of that team and they become fun. Nobody wants to watch you go to the line 20 times a game flopping everytime you go to the hole. He is talented but relies too much on the line. He would get his ass beat trying that stuff playing pick up at a park somewhere lol.

If someone would commit to someone like Embiid or a big man of equivalent talent to slowing the game down to a snails pace and feeding them non stop it would stop that Rockets style. But the league is just too stubborn.

Boston had more trouble with Toronto than I had anticipated, and they seemed to miss Hayward offensively. He's very good against zone D and his steadiness offsets the other player's explosiveness. He is a big plus for good ball movement. It seems that he'll be ready to go soon.

Celtics vs Heat, who you got?

I'll take Boston. The Heat have some very good defenders, but they also have guys like Dragic, Herro, Nunn, Robinson, and Olynyk that Boston will target and torture. They have nobody to deal with Kemba's quickness, while the C's have multiple options to guard Butler. The Heat will need a huge series from Bam, which he's capable of, but Boston also does a great job guarding the 3 point line. I think it'll be an entertaining and higher scoring series.