Gimme your 5-Star ratings... for chick flicks

Tools    

It Happened One Night would be my top pick, if that counts.

After that, probably The Princess Bride and When Harry Met Sally. They're both very good.

That's all I got though. Not a fan of the genre overall.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Random Harvest (1942)
The Enchanted Cottage (1945)
An Affair to Remember (1957)
Sunday in New York (1963)
Barefoot in the Park (1967)
When Harry Met Sally... (1989)
Sleepless in Seattle (1993)
While You Were Sleeping (1995)
You've Got Mail (1998)
Return to Me (2000)
Kate & Leopold (2001)
Just Like Heaven (2005)
The Lake House (2006)
P.S. I Love You (2007)
Mamma Mia! (2008)

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Chicken Little (2005) kinda fits the definition of a chick flick, doesn't it?

And even though I rated it 3/10, I'm willing to add two additional stars to make it a five-star film. 5/10, that is.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Oof, I have a terrible relationship with so-called ‘chick flicks’, hate them all, even the so-called good ones like Thelma & Louise. Don’t know if I’d give any a 5-star rating. I don’t know if The Favourite counts as a chick flick, but if it does, then, I guess, yeah, that.

Do you want to define what you mean by "chick flick"?

Because a lot of the definitions I've seen are inherently dismissive/pejorative, which would kind of preclude them from being a "greatest film ever".

Nope doesn't count not a chick flick.

However Mean Girls is a chick flick and I'll give that a 5/5 for chickness.
In that case, I guess I like the genre a bit less now

See, "chick flicks" are about romance and relationships. But if men also like them, then they aren't chick flicks, they are just good movies. Because the function of the term is to look down on someone and you can't look down on someone if you're also enjoying the film.

This is why the question is inherently rigged. "Chick flick" basically means movies with plots and themes that are generally meant to appeal more to women, but not executed with enough skill to make them appealing to a broader audience (so Center Stage, a story of a ballerina navigating conflict and sex/romance in a ruthless ballet company is a chick flick, and Black Swan, a story of a ballerina navigating conflict and sex/romance in a ruthless ballet company is not a chick flick).

I think of chick flicks as popcorn movies aimed at teen girls/young women...In the same way I think of popcorn action movies as guy flicks. Nothing wrong with either type of movie but often they're not really good, more like fast food movies.

I love It Happened One Night, it would easily make my top 100 and would place towards the top too.