Movies that Disappointed You After Viewing?

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
My most recent disappointment would have to be Jurassic World Dominion. That movie is such a mess. The only Jurassic Park movie I ever really care to watch again is the first one. The rest aren't that good (although Jurassic World isn't so bad).
After four bad sequels in a row, you can't really be set up for disappointment.

I don't actually wear pants.
After four bad sequels in a row, you can't really be set up for disappointment.
I held onto the slimmest of hopes of the last being close to the first. Naturally those were dashed quite quickly, but at least I gave it a shot. Mistakes were made, but mostly by the filmmakers. I did learn that I need to never watch the sequels again. I may do questionable things, but I make every situation a learning opportunity, and figure out what to do better next time.

Anyway, that's the first that came to mind. Uh another one I hate is Deer Hunter with an undying passion, yet it's considered a great Vietnam War film. It could be when I watched it, but I mostly remember an hour-long wedding scene and Christopher Walken um... bang... If you've seen the film, I'm pretty sure you know what I mean.

Lol

Making a lot of assumptions about how other people appreciate movies, which is particularly rich considering you flipped the **** out on Wooley for supposedly demanding other people view movies like him. Which he wasn't doing, but now you are.
I had a detailed response to your inane dribble but I figure this little blurb would suffice:
Learn to read.
Okay, I'm done.

... Uh another one I hate is Deer Hunter with an undying passion, yet it's considered a great Vietnam War film. It could be when I watched it, but I mostly remember an hour-long wedding scene and Christopher Walken um... bang... If you've seen the film, I'm pretty sure you know what I mean.
I've been watching a number of Vietnam films lately. I don't know if you seen my post upstream on this thread or not? Just curious as to what Vietnam films you like...Recommendations are always welcomed.

I've been watching a number of Vietnam films lately. I don't know if you seen my post upstream on this thread or not? Just curious as to what Vietnam films you like...Recommendations are always welcomed.
It rings a bell, at least. I haven't seen many films about the Vietnam War. Apocalypse Now has its merits, but I can't watch it anymore. Platoon is good, but a bit disjointed (and feels like Stone and Sheen copying Coppola and Sheen). We Were Soldiers is okay but bland. I haven't seen Hamburger Hill yet, but I've heard it's one of the better ones. I hate Full Metal Jacket, but it's a popular Kubrick film, so my displeasure is more an anomaly.

The standout I've seen is actually the Korean R-Point. It's not overly accurate, but it's chilling and really well done. Of course, it's Korean, of which I've an affinity but that's as maybe. Tally ho set forth and conquer your enemies, a la the Vietcong, hehehehe, and find some films, yon gentle soul.

It rings a bell, at least. I haven't seen many films about the Vietnam War. Apocalypse Now has its merits, but I can't watch it anymore. Platoon is good, but a bit disjointed (and feels like Stone and Sheen copying Coppola and Sheen). We Were Soldiers is okay but bland. I haven't seen Hamburger Hill yet, but I've heard it's one of the better ones. I hate Full Metal Jacket, but it's a popular Kubrick film, so my displeasure is more an anomaly.

The standout I've seen is actually the Korean R-Point. It's not overly accurate, but it's chilling and really well done. Of course, it's Korean, of which I've an affinity but that's as maybe. Tally ho set forth and conquer your enemies, a la the Vietcong, hehehehe, and find some films, yon gentle soul.
Thanks, I haven't heard of R-Point before. I'm not a big fan of Full Metal Jacket, though I do like the first half in boot camp...I just seen We Were Soldiers, I didn't care for that one. And I seen Hamburger Hill a couple of weeks ago and was impressed. I wrote this:
Wow! I watched Hamburger Hill last night and it blew me away. I'd say it's the most realistic Nam movie that I've seen and that's based on all the documentaries I've watched with interviews from vets who were there. I liked that there was no real character development and that all the soldiers in Hamburger Hill were 'any guy types' who were just stuck in hell trying to keep alive while not really knowing what was always going on and having to follow orders to take a hill just because they were ordered to by the brass. I learned in past documentaries that there were many such hills as Hamburger Hill and it was not uncommon for the U.S. troops to take the hill then be ordered to abandoned it and move out...only to have the NVA retake the hill, causing the U.S. troops to take the hill back yet again. The futility of Vietnam war, was really brought home in Hamburger Hill.

Tonight I'm watching yet another Nam movie, Go Tell The Spartans (1978)
So I did watch Go Tell The Spartans which was OK. Tonight I'm watching The Siege on Firebase Gloria.

Thanks, I haven't heard of R-Point before. I'm not a big fan of Full Metal Jacket, though I do like the first half in boot camp...I just seen We Were Soldiers, I didn't care for that one. And I seen Hamburger Hill a couple of weeks ago and was impressed. I wrote this:
So I did watch Go Tell The Spartans which was OK. Tonight I'm watching The Siege on Firebase Gloria.
Ah fun. I'm glad you liked Hamburger Hill. Isn't there a Pork Chop Hill about the Korean War? Hm. Not sure. Anyway, yeah, the movies about Vietnam are interesting. You can see the cultural shift about Americans' general opinions of war. In effect, people no longer saw it as a valiant certainty that men went to die honorable deaths, but saw it as some evil terror that did naught but kill young men.

Anyway, Hamburger Hill has been on my watch list on IMDb for a long time. I really need to watch it. Hm, maybe I'll try the library... Anyway, how many have you seen? Do you have a favorite amongst them?

Ah fun. I'm glad you liked Hamburger Hill. Isn't there a Pork Chop Hill about the Korean War? Hm. Not sure. Anyway, yeah, the movies about Vietnam are interesting. You can see the cultural shift about Americans' general opinions of war. In effect, people no longer saw it as a valiant certainty that men went to die honorable deaths, but saw it as some evil terror that did naught but kill young men.

Anyway, Hamburger Hill has been on my watch list on IMDb for a long time. I really need to watch it. Hm, maybe I'll try the library... Anyway, how many have you seen? Do you have a favorite amongst them?
Yup there was a Pork Chop Hill too and you're right it was about the Korean War. It was the same type of theme as Hamburger Hill in that it was based on a real action taken in the war to take a hill that was controlled by enemy forces as the high ground was deemed a worthy objective by high command...and it was a controsial action as many U.S. troops were killed taking what many considered a useless hill. Porkchop Hill would be one of the war movies I really like.

How many Vietnam war movies have I seen? I don't log my movies but I've seen these (in no particular order):

Platoon
Apocalypse Now
Full Metal Jacket
We Were Soldiers
The Green Berets
Casualties of War
Hamburger Hill
The Boys in Company C
The Siege of Firebase Gloria
Rescue Dawn

Yup there was a Pork Chop Hill too and you're right it was about the Korean War. It was the same type of theme as Hamburger Hill in that it was based on a real action taken in the war to take a hill that was controlled by enemy forces as the high ground was deemed a worthy objective by high command...and it was a controsial action as many U.S. troops were killed taking what many considered a useless hill. Porkchop Hill would be one of the war movies I really like.

How many Vietnam war movies have I seen? I don't log my movies but I've seen these (in no particular order):

Platoon
Apocalypse Now
Full Metal Jacket
We Were Soldiers
The Green Berets
Casualties of War
Hamburger Hill
The Boys in Company C
The Siege of Firebase Gloria
Rescue Dawn
Ah cool. The two Communism wars are still highly controversial as part of the equally controversial Cold War, which I find absolutely fascinating, and the events make good cinema. Actually I prefer the espionage type stuff in the Cold War to the actual fighting. The behind-the-scenes under-the-table stuff is fascinating.