My Favorite Non-Human Movie characters

Tools    

Betelgeuse, Beetlejuice

Michael Keaton steals the show as a "bio-exorcist" who lives in a model home who agrees to help a recently deceased couple (Alec Baldwin, Geena Davis) drive the family who recently bought their home away.

Bugs Bunny, What's Opera, Doc?

I knew I couldn't conclude this list without including the "wascally wabbit" somewhere and this was probably his finest onscreen moment.

The Creature, Young Frankenstein

Peter Boyle plays a dead man removed from his burial plot by Dr. Frankenstein (Gene Wilder) so that he can bring him back to life by implanting a new brain inside him. Some may find this choice stretching the concept of the thread a bit, but the character is dead at the beginning of the film.

The Genie, Aladdin

The late Robin Williams provided the voice for this outrageous character, a genie who assists the title character (voiced by Scott Weinger) through the gift of three discreetly made wishes.

The Terminator, The Terminator

Arnold Schwarzeneggar became an official movie star in 1984 playing a futuristic cyborg sent back to the year of 1984 to murder the mother (Linda Hamilton) of a future military leader.

Well, that's #2...I hope I have piqued some curiosity as to # 1...but to keep the suspense going, I do have some honorable mentions:

Jack Frost

Simba, The Lion King

Tramp, Lady and the Tramp

Kaa, The Jungle Book (1967)

And now my #1 favorite non-human movie character:

Starman, Starman

Jeff Bridges received his first Oscar nomination for Outstanding Lead Actor for his glorious performance in this sci-fi romance about an alien who arrives on earth and makes himself over as the deceased husband of a young widow (Karen Allen), to whom he causes unending confusion and some genuine danger. Bridges is magical in this film and not for one second do you believe this character is human.

Hope someone enjoyed the list.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Bugs Bunny, What's Opera, Doc?

I knew I couldn't conclude this list without including the "wascally wabbit" somewhere and this was probably his finest onscreen moment.

Bugs Bunny is a great character, and he definitely deserves to be on this list, but my favorite Looney Tunes character is Marvin the Martian.

Years ago, (when I was in college), some of my friends used to act out Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd in "What's Opera, Doc?" while we watched the cartoon. It was hilarious.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Hope someone enjoyed the list.

This was a great list, but (as I stated earlier), I was surprised at how many of these non-human characters were human in appearance. I think this would have been a more interesting list if the human-looking characters were ineligible because I don't think of them as "non-human" characters.

Frank the Pug
"Men in Black"

Victim of The Night

Jolly, Kiss Me Goodbye

Some may debate as to whether or not a ghost is human but those I say, make your own list. Jolly (James Caan) was the ghost of a deceased Broadway director/choreographer who decides to haunt his widow (Sally Field) when he learns that she's getting remarried.
On the one hand, I initially thought, "cheating", but I'm such a fan of Jolly (it's one of my favorite JC performances) that I'm just gonna look the other way on that.

Sorry, I just discovered this thread.

Victim of The Night

Cherry 2000, Cherry 2000

Pamela Gidley plays Cherry, an android who is married to a succesful businessman (David Andrews) who self-destructs when she gets wet and her husband can't live without an exact replacement, which he goes to extreme lengths to procure.
Really enjoy this movie and I thought Gidley did a great job. It's a fine line, I think to play an emotionless android who also has to be sympathetic.

Victim of The Night

Rocket Raccoon, Guardians of the Galaxy

Bradley Cooper was the voice of this wisecracking starfighter in the middle of an intergalactic battle but more concerned about lining his own pockets.
It's funny to me that Bradley Cooper was able to make the least-likely-to-be-accepted-by-audiences Marvel character one of its best.

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
It's funny to me that Bradley Cooper was able to make the least-likely-to-be-accepted-by-audiences Marvel character one of its best.

Tomato Necromancy - now with Vitamin R!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65140