How many chances in Hollywood does a scriptwriter has that write a cro

Tools    

Hi Guys,

I do not know if it was right or wrong, but as a fresh scriptwriter I wrote a long sci-fi crossover story for Hollywood out of passion and RESPECT. Since I'm also an official designer, I also did the storyboard. The story is about 3 WORLD FAMOUS FIGURES.

I know that I'm still very "new" and Hollywood, of course, does not wait for me.

But how are the chances in my case?

Aside from whether my script is actually good or not. How would the production companies react in Hollywood?

Raging or curious? Can I sell it if THEY like it? Without rights and permissions, I would not do anything anyway.

Would they understand my respect for the FIGURES and their creators?

Or is Hollywood so rigorous that they do not read my book and look at my drawings because I'm NOT KNOWN? Is NAME more relevant than QUALITY (BOOK)? (This question is very important to me)

I hope you understand what I mean.

We get questions like this a lot, and we tend to collectively give the same answer: just make movies. Almost nobody breaks into the industry by writing or pitching something as an outsider, and then just having it purchased (or themselves hired) and made into a major motion picture.

The best way to get into the industry is to find a way to get things made. That means trying to fund it yourself, or trying to find an independent director to work with, or possibly both. That's the best advice in almost every scenario like this, absent specifics.

Most of the questions are totally unanswerable anyway. We haven't seen the work, and even if we had, we probably couldn't tell you how some hypothetical executive would react.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
When it comes to writer making their first movie, isn't that really unusual for a writer though? Aaron Sorkin for example, just made his directorial debut with Molly's Game, and he didn't do that with any of his first scripts when he started out.

That's true .

Thank you very much.

I'm pretty new to the industry and I have a lot of plans ahead. The industry is really strange. I just want to come in, and I still want to know how best to open the DOORS.

I too am trying to break into the industry and currently writing a screenplay, which I plan to also, co-produce, direct, and probably take one of the acting roles in, myself.

It's tough

Thank you very much.

I'm pretty new to the industry and I have a lot of plans ahead. The industry is really strange. I just want to come in, and I still want to know how best to open the DOORS.
By building your own door, in a nutshell.

I too am trying to break into the industry and currently writing a screenplay, which I plan to also, co-produce, direct, and probably take one of the acting roles in, myself.

It's tough
Honestly can't wait to watch this and then make a thread on here reading "Question about the plot to ironpony's film"

You are going through that Barton Fink moment i guess. I don't have much idea about how the internals of the Hollywood work. Does socializing help? Making connections. I would think it might have some advantages. But I might be wrong!

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
How difficult would it be to translate a screenplay into a novel. Say no one gives your screenplay a chance - publish it as a book. Then you’d probably need to get people to give your book a chance. So if that doesn’t work you could publish it to reddit.

I don't think a screenplay is long enough to translate to a novel though.

Sure, Ironpony. Think of the novelizations of sci-fi and fantasy films.
Aspiring screenwriters might consider turning their ideas into comics. It's a visual medium, too, and even lesser known indie comics have been made into films. Of course there are still issues with using other people's characters.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
@ironpony

Star Wars a novel written by Rian Johnson published in 1976. It was released before a new hope but was based on the screenplay. According to Wikipedia they keep doing this, releasing books before before the movie based on the screenplay.

Johnson then went on to direct the last Jedi coming full circle - starting the franchise and ending it.

I'm terribly sorry, but I think the studios' policy is to never read unsollicited work. austinmcconnell did a vlog about it a few weeks ago, and his advice is the same as the ones given here : make your own thing and with a lot of luck and hard work you could eventually make it.

Sure, Ironpony. Think of the novelizations of sci-fi and fantasy films.
Aspiring screenwriters might consider turning their ideas into comics. It's a visual medium, too, and even lesser known indie comics have been made into films. Of course there are still issues with using other people's characters.
Yeah that's true .

As you say. It is not easy. I wish you the best too.

Thanks a lot for all