zenderella's DVD Collection

Tools    

Yes the VHS thing is painful. I also refuse to pay to much for replacement of those movies, so its a very slow process. You have 4,000? Wow I'm impressed and a little jealous *grin*
Yep, it's a very slow process. Especially since I usually slip up, and get DVDs of movies that I don't own yet. I'm slowly packing up all the VHS, though, and storing them in my building.

I see you have a penchant for 80's high school/romance flicks. In that case you should also check out the following if you've not already seen them.

Don't torture yourself, Gomez. That's my job.
Used Future - Thanks for the recommendations. The only one i haven't seen is Say Anything and I love Cusak so I will have to try and find it asap. The others you mentions are fantastic! I must get a copy of Some Kind Of Wondeful. The other two I actually have on VHS and are in my to be replaced with DVD!. Maybe I should make a VHS list as well

I heartily recommend seeing Say Anything. A good few friends of mine will tell you it's Cusack's best teen film. Personally, I think I'll always prefer Better Off Dead, but Say Anything is probably a better film.

Two quick questions for you Zen. Firstly, have you seen/did you like Not Another Teen Movie?

Secondly, is The Wasp Woman part of a box set or a stand-alone buy? I only ask because I have it, as part of a box set, but haven't seen it as a disc.

honeykid - I am yet to see Not Another Teen Movie as I'm not a big fan of what is dubbed "dick and fart" jokes. I saw Scary Movie and I liked the actual moments of scary movie spoof, but all the drug jokes and misc filler humour didn't do anything for me. I should see Not Another Teen Movie though, because once again I'd probably really enjoy all the actual spoof moments.

The Wasp Woman is a single disc. Back in like 2005 I think it was, you used to be able to get all those old 50's horror movies for $5 each from JB HiFI. I was there every week for a month picking up more and more. Hense why I have so many. They are single disc, brought out as "Freaky Weird Classic: Hollyweird" collections.

Heres the only pic I could find of one I have. They all have the Hollyweird title at the top.

I don't like the "dick & fart" films either (actually, as you'll probably discover over time, I don't like most comedies) but I really enjoyed Not Another Teen Movie. Not sure if I got all the 'new' references (as I'm not a fan of gross out comedies) but there's some good stuff with the 'classics'. Worth a rent, anyway.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The gunfight scene in the clip shown is one of my favourite parts of the show. It proves how sound design can elevate a relatively low budget show to greater heights.

Suspect's Reviews

So I've finally updated my collection. Please go to the first post to see the changes. I think i have a few more new dvds, but my collection is currently in such utter chaos I just can't tell.

It mimics my life at the moment. Chaos with organising a wedding and honeymoon that is less than a month and work is crazy too.

So sorry for not being around lately MoFo's. To be honest, its still going to be another couple of months before I have time to give this forum the attention that is deserves and that I want to give it!

luv zen
xxoo

"And our credo: "Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc." We gladly feast on those who would subdue us. Not just pretty words."

Point Break (1991)
Mad About You: The Complete First Season
Middleman, The: The Complete Series
Pushing Daisies: The Complete First Season
Very nice.

What's The Middleman like? I only included it here because I've seen it cheap and am thinking of blind buying it.

Very nice.

What's The Middleman like? I only included it here because I've seen it cheap and am thinking of blind buying it.
You probably own it by now, seeing as it's almost two years later But if not, it's probably even cheaper now, so buy it! *laugh*

It's funny, and has heaps of pop culture references. The humour is fast and straight, and well, i never tire of it.

So I've been away a long time, so this list is extremely out of date now. I will update it soon!

Good to have you back, Zen. I hope it'll be a longer stay this time.

Still not bought Middlemen, so as it's Christmas coming up, maybe I'll treat myself.

Thanks for the welcome backs! It's great to be back.

Phew, well I'm tired. Another update of my DVDs. Please refer to the original post for the details.

I still think I'm missing a few, especially TV shows. You will just have to wait until I attempt the great DVD reorganisation of (probably) 2011.

Peace Out
zen.

Loving these, Zen!

Fanboys (2008)
Hackers (1995)
House (1986)
Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist (2008)
Nikita (1990)
Whip It (2009)
Zombie Flesh Eaters (1979)

Always liked Being John Malkovich, but I haven't watched it for about 9 or 10 years. I have Adventureland but I've not watched it yet.

Shame this turned up on the list - Napoleon Dynamite.

Loving these, Zen!

Fanboys (2008)
Hackers (1995)
House (1986)
Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist (2008)
Nikita (1990)
Whip It (2009)
Zombie Flesh Eaters (1979)

Always liked Being John Malkovich, but I haven't watched it for about 9 or 10 years. I have Adventureland but I've not watched it yet.

Shame this turned up on the list - Napoleon Dynamite.

Thanks and hey I defend Napoleon Dynamite. Yes it appears to be a niche likability, but apparently I'm in that niche. I would almost buy it for his dancing ability alone! hee hee

I'd be interested to see what you think of Adventureland as it does movie at a rather slow and quirky pace. I love it, but I can see others might not like it.