Best Cross-over Actor

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Who is the best actor to cross over from TV shows to film...?

A few actors who immediately came to mind are:

George Clooney
Leonardo DiCaprio
John Goodman

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Joseph Gordon-Levitt & Pierce Brosnan

No mention of anyone from SNL? Eddie Murphy and Bill Murray in particular deserve mention here. Not to mention Tom Hanks who has come a long way from Bosom Buddies.

It's hard to top Johnny, Robin or Tom in diversity. John Travolta has been in his share of duds, but I think he's gone much farther in films than he would have in television. I think Steve Carell is worth a mention though he's not the top TV-film transfer.

A few actors who immediately came to mind are:

George Clooney
Leonardo DiCaprio
John Goodman
ooh stop it...dicaprio is no crossover...its not crossover until audience have seen you in their living rooms as an adult on TV....

Off late I am seeing a lot of him, I have to mention Brian Cranston.

From the top of my head:
Johnny Depp and Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

Had such a crush on JGL back then to the point that I owned a puzzle print of him. It's a shame that he doesn't really act much nowadays.

ooh stop it...dicaprio is no crossover...its not crossover until audience have seen you in their living rooms as an adult on TV....

DiCaprio was added to the cast of the ABC sitcom Growing Pains during its final season. He also appeared unbilled as an extra on an episode of Roseanne.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Okay, then how about Burt Reynolds?

He started out on the TV shows "Gunsmoke" and "Dan August", and went on to become one of the biggest movie stars ever.

DiCaprio was added to the cast of the ABC sitcom Growing Pains during its final season. He also appeared unbilled as an extra on an episode of Roseanne.
i thought i made myself pretty clear ? if dicaprio appeared on a TV show as a regular around the time of titanic or romeo + juliet aka early 20s then that would count. If he showed up when he is not fully recognizable then it doesn't count.