Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I like the poster, feels different. I do get a Ragnarok vibe from it though.

Suspect's Reviews

Thanks is a superman's women version!

Welcome to the human race...
The outfit in that poster looks very Aquaman with its full-body meshing and apparent emphasis on golden parts. Looks like DC is really settling into a particular aesthetic here.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The outfit in that poster looks very Aquaman with its full-body meshing and apparent emphasis on golden parts. Looks like DC is really settling into a particular aesthetic here.
Follow the money.

Looks neat and flashy, cool new direction for DC but like others have said before, it screams thor ragnarok. Still great poster

Is it remake?

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Actually Patty Jenkins has said that Wonder Woman 1984 is NOT a sequel or a reboot. It's more of a standalone film that is just another entry in a broader series. This link explains it because I sure can't LOL

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/03/wo...el-1202051300/

Appears they've not only copied the Ragnarok aesthetic, but also completely thrown out the established DCEU continuity. In Justice League, Batfleck talks directly to her about how she's shut herself off from the world.
Basically, all the stuff in this movie, didn't happen according to the continuity that has been set up already.

DC really needs to stop.
They churned out a handful of abysmal, rushed movies trying to compete with Marvel, then seem to be trying to fix what they did wrong by actually carbon-copying Marvel. Instead, they should stop, sit on it for about 10 years, write a coherent story over that time, then start making movies again once they're actually prepared.

Welcome to the human race...
Orrrrr it's drawing influence from the same '80s fantasy stuff that Thor: Ragnarok did. It's not like both franchises weren't criticised for having bland colour palettes and have only recently made the move towards more vibrant colours. Will be interesting to see how they rationalise the continuity matter, though.

I would say the problem with DC is that the earlier movies were themselves trying too hard to copy Marvel and (like you said) rushing through the shared universe world-building that Marvel took longer to accomplish. I also don't think their recent output is copying Marvel so much as following the usual superhero templates for stories that are more or less standalone (which Marvel was doing anyway for all their introductory installments - remember people saying Doctor Strange was basically a magic Iron Man?). If anything, giving up on trying to start their own shared universe and embracing a more elastic continuity and/or separate franchises seems like it's going to be a better strategy for them anyway, especially after the success of Joker. Compared to that, waiting 10 years to restart things would not work - even the gap between Batman and Robin and Batman Begins was only 7 years.

Appears they've not only copied the Ragnarok aesthetic, but also completely thrown out the established DCEU continuity. In Justice League, Batfleck talks directly to her about how she's shut herself off from the world.
Basically, all the stuff in this movie, didn't happen according to the continuity that has been set up already.

Don't know how much of this is accurate, but from what I've heard there were some rewrites done for this film, with the objective of it serving essentially as a reboot of the DCEU for everything that was set after 1984 in the timeline, so that could answer some of the inconsistencies that you've highlighted.

I liked the first half of wonder woman, i can t say i really liked the ending, felt generic