Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
Birds of Prey and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn -

Good, but not quite good enough to justify Suicide Squad's existence.

Berlin Alexanderplatz 8/10

Jojo Rabbit (2019)

I watched this yesterday but still don't know exactly how to rate it. There's lots of good in it (especially the drama between Jojo, his mother, and Elsa, but also some of the comedic stuff), but lots of the satire is weak and too blatantly underlining (apparently this has still made some people butthurt about not being clear enough in its "nazis are evil" message so I don't know). So, at times I loved it but moments later I could be embarrassed about the school play level of writing. Oh, and Taika was terrible as Adolf.

--

Sorgenfri (2015)
aka What We Become

A Danish zombie film that owes a lot to early Romero (especially Night of the Living Dead and The Grazies) but adds in some modern The Walking Dead vibes as well. It doesn't bring anything new to the genre and doesn't really build its characters as well as Romero. On the other hand, it's not as preachingly political either. Kind of OK but still on the weak side. If you're absolutely nuts about zombies then you should check this out.

Honeyland (2019)

Second documentary in a row that felt a little weaker than the first nominated titles I began watching last month. It's more biographical than informative, and it felt like the message of the movie didn't quite pull through because of it.

20,000 leagues Under The Sea (1916) - A fairly good film based on the Jules Verne story. As far as the story goes it is similar to other versions that were made after. But i am more interested in the making of it, but there seems to be little info on it (as far as i can find anyway, lol) which is a shame.

Entertaining. Not sure I understand all the acclaim it got though back in the day.
I've never understood all the fuss this movie got either...by the way, you forgot to rate it.

Uncut Gems (2019)

Exceptional performance from Sandler. Loved the crazy intensity from start to finish.

I'm not a fan of him, but this does look really good. Kinda reminds me of Good Time.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.

American Assassinl (Michael Cuesta, 2017)
5.5/10
Road to Morocco (David Butler, 1942)
6.5/10
Whisky (Juan Pablo Rebella & Pablo Stoll, 2004)
+ 5/10
Close Enemies (David Oelhoffen 2018)
+ 6/10

When a drug deal goes wrong, Matthias Schoenaerts needs some help from an old friend. Mostly predictable with a few intense moments.
The Balloon (Yûzô Kawashima, 1956)
6.5/10
The Car: Road to Revenge (G.J. Echternkamp, 2019)
5/10
Saria (Bryan Buckley, 2019)
6.5/10
Zombillenium (Arthur de Pins & Alexis Ducord, 2017)
+ 6/10

At a Halloween theme park, humans and monsters come together over heavy metal.
Leaving AKA Partir (Catherine Corsini, 2009)
6/10
Brotherhood (Meryam Joobeur, 2018)
- 6.5/10
A Nightmare on Elm Street (Samuel Bayer, 2010)
+ 5/10
Harmonium (Kôji Fukada, 2016)
+ 6/10

A family's life is ruined by secrets and lies. Lots of those lately.
The Wrecking Crew! (Denny Tedesco, 2008)
+ 6.5/10
A Family Submerged (María Alche, 2018)
5/10
The Neighbors' Window (Marshall Curry 2019)
6.5/10
Hotel by the River (Hong Sang-soo, 2018)
5.5/10

Kim Min-hee & Song Seon-mi meet in the winter and discuss how men are too immature to love while an aging poet tries to come ro an understanding with his two sons
Dans Paris (Christophe Honoré, 2006)
6/10
Nefta Football Club (Yves Piat, (2018)
6.5/10
Justice (Richard Gabai, 2017)
5/10
Uncut Gems (Josh & Benny Safdie, 2019)
+ 6.5/10

Everything jeweler and serial gambler/adulterer Adam Sandler says is a lie and everyone wants a piece of his ass.

Hello! Recently I watched the movie Deadpool and Deadpool 2, I really liked it. I'm not a big fan of science fiction and superheroes, but this character is very funny and interesting. I would give it 9 out of 10

Watched it but still have no idea what it's about other than journalists in a jungle investigating somebody related to Jonestown. Okay, but what is Willie Aames, in his Mickey Mouse t-shirt, doing there? Well, Willie is the draw and if it wasn't for Willie I wouldn't have watched it. Boy, he is spectacular in this one when they let him do his thing. Oof! I have a feeling once it was finished filming they cut 90% of his scenes. He can not act at all. It's a sight to behold. Deodato directed movie but it's no Cannibal Holocaust. Light on gore, a little of this and that, the native woman was very pretty and Michael Berryman, in a stretch role, plays a weird looking dude with a machete. Not a very good/bad movie.

The Tale of the Princess Kaguya 2013 ‘かぐや姫の物語’ Directed by Isao Takahata

(Voices: Chloë Grace Moretz, James Caan, Mary Steenburgen, John Cho)

The watercolor and charcoal style is gorgeous, artfully done and stunning.
You can screenshot every five minutes and create several 'hang on the wall worthy' art pieces for your house.
Accompanied by perfectly fitting and enchanting Japanese Koto melodies.

The run time and the pacing however totally diminish the allure and magic of the animation after a while. It's also extremely sweet, cute and pink, like eating cotton candy for 2 hours and 17 minutes straight.
The story is a familiar, mystical Princess tale with a morally sound conclusion. It just takes too long to get there, could have easily been told through a 8-12 minute short film.
Overall it was not the Spirited Away experience I was hoping for and expecting beforehand.