Creep
35.48%
11 votes
Not a Creep
6.45%
2 votes
Who can say?
31 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Is Woody a total Creep or is he getting a bad rap?

creep/noun
: a strange person who you strongly dislike - Merriam Webster

Let the night air cool you off
It probably will, but it was funneling into the 80's thread and I dont want to get off topic.
I know. I am just getting ready to pop the corn and watch the car wreck.

I didn't tell you to actually make the thread...

Oh well:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...t-so-fast.html

Nothing more to add.
People will say it's a biased article, because the writer has made a documentary about Allen, but I think it's a great RATIONAL defence (except for a few unnecessary digressions about Farrow's brother and the fact that she defended Polanski in earlier years, as that has nothing to do with this case and only proves her hypocrisy, if anything) and people should take it into consideration before shouting out that "Allen should be crucified" or all the other kind of stuff they are writing about him in this era where it's fine for everyone to ventilate their opinion, even if they don't know one thing about the subject they are stating an opinion about.

It's also very scary (in my opinion) to see how many people these days are distancing themselves so easily from the presumption of innocence.

Anyway, I'm a huge fan of Allen's films, so people can hold against me that I'm not being completely objective, but this is definitely not the only case where I have these problems with the reaction of society to a certain subject.

Im not trying to make a hate thread or anything, just for some discussion. It is pretty big deal right now in hollywood. Why would this thread be closed?

Im not trying to make a hate thread or anything
How is this not a hate thread?

If I'd make a thread, "mikeython1, creep or not a creep?", how would you not take that as a hate thread?

Of course, I'd never do that, because you didn't do anything wrong to me and because I don't know anything about you.

Oh well, people like judging other people, even if they don't know for sure who he is or what he's done. It's unfortunate, but I guess it's human nature.

If you knew me you probably would vote creep. The reason I titled this thread this is because of our conversation in the 80's thread. I'm sorry but this is relevant and definitely worthy of being discussed. If the poll or title is to judgmental in a hateful way then one of the moderators change it to something of their liking. Last thing I want to be known for around here is a hate monger.

Im not trying to make a hate thread or anything, just for some discussion. It is pretty big deal right now in hollywood. Why would this thread be closed?
Out of interest, have you even bothered to read the article Cobpyth linked?

I'm sorry but this is relevant and definitely worthy of being discussed.
Why?

There's Dylan Farrow's letter and there are the facts that caused that the claim against Woody wasn't prosecuted 20 years ago.

What could possibly be worthy of being discussed in a thread that focuses on Woody Allen's "creepiness"?
Nobody here was there and nobody here knows any specific unpublicized details about the case.
It would just be people calling names or defending him, without anything intrinsically "relevant" or "worthy" being discussed.

Oh well, I'm not saying it should be closed and I'm also not blaming you for making this thread or finding him a creep or anything. I'm just having difficulties with seeing the point of ignorant people making claims for or against a certain person. I don't think that's interesting food for debate.

Out of interest, have you even bothered to read the article Cobpyth linked?
I have. Very interesting. It definitely cleared the whole he married his daughter situation for me.

I have. Very interesting. It definitely cleared the whole he married his daughter situation for me.
There is no situation like that. You should read it again.

After the 10 misconceptions list(which is very interesting I might add) the author of the article says this "Let me add this: If anyone is creeped out by the notion of a 55-year old man becoming involved with his girlfriend’s 19-year old adopted daughter, I understand. That makes perfect sense. But why not get the facts straight? If the actual facts are so repugnant to you, then why embellish them?"

After the 10 misconceptions list(which is very interesting I might add) the author of the article says this "Let me add this: If anyone is creeped out by the notion of a 55-year old man becoming involved with his girlfriend’s 19-year old adopted daughter, I understand. That makes perfect sense. But why not get the facts straight? If the actual facts are so repugnant to you, then why embellish them?"
Yes, indeed. Thanks for quoting that, although I don't really see the relevance of that particular part.

They are now together for over 20 years and are married for 17 years. They also have two children.

It seems that they somehow made it work, despite the age gap.