Dennis Hopper
9.09%
1 votes
Alan Rickman
9.09%
1 votes
Tim Roth
11 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Out of the people listed above, who's your vote for the most capable psychotic villian?
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

A novel adaptation.
Rutger Hauer
Not because he's the most capable, but because I just couldn't help it.

Stansfield alone is so delightfully odd, sweaty and over-the-top that I too had to give Oldman the edge...and given the limited choices in the poll.

"Bingo."
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I voted for Oldman over Walken, if only b/c of the damn Continental sketch on SNL

A novel adaptation.
In an extremely unrelated note....

Both Gary Oldman, and Tim Roth starred in the fantastic remake of the play: Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead .

Definitley worth a rent, or, for you Aussies, a hire.

On a continued unrelated note, Oldman and Walken both appear in Basquiat and True Romance (the second film actually being on point, since both are villians).

Hopper is in True Romance as well of course, but not a bad guy. He is also in Basquiat, and with Tim Roth in Chatahoochee. And Hopper and Walken are both in Search & Destroy.

Fascinating, ain't it? Let's play six degrees of Walken/Roth/Oldman/Rickman/Hauer/Hopper!

On second thought, let's not.

But yeah, Tom Stoppard's Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead is a must-see. If your local video stores don't stock it, at least go to the library and find a copy of the brilliant play. Such marvelous, marvelous words.

A novel adaptation.
True Romance of course, was written by Quentin Tarantino.
So theres a Harvey Keitel/Travolta/Jackson/Thurman/And everyone else connection.

It even brings you back to Walken, and Roth.

Fighting out of the Lions Den
Oldman hands down for me.
I feel everyone else does a solid Villain too except Hopper ...I don`t find anything remotely menacing about him at all.

Reckon John Malkovich portrayed a solid enough Villain in "In the Line of Fire" though.

A novel adaptation.
Originally posted by Jonny Goodboy
Oldman hands down for me.
I feel everyone else does a solid Villain too except Hopper ...I don`t find anything remotely menacing about him at all.
What about his role in Blue Velvet ? Or Waterworld?
Wait, no, forget I mentioned Waterworld, just Blue Velvet.

Fighting out of the Lions Den
Originally posted by Herodotus
What about his role in Blue Velvet ? Or Waterworld?
Wait, no, forget I mentioned Waterworld, just Blue Velvet.
Blue Velvet?...Never seen it.
Is he scary and menacing in it then?...I bet not.

A novel adaptation.
" Don't you look at me. "

Very menacing.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Dennis Hopper in Blue Velvet is like everyone's worst nightmare. He's just vile and 100% unsympathetic. This is of course why it's such a classic movie.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

A novel adaptation.
I've actually thought of an excuse for voting for Rutger Hauer.
Besides the fact that The Hitcher was a great movie.
I can remeber my reaction to Blade Runner as a child. whenever I got to the scene where Rutger is stalking Harrison Ford's character, I was scared .
I mean really, really scared.
I still kind of am whenever I watch the scene, and the transition is so amazing from Rutgers hatred to understanding, that I couldn't help but vote for him.

Great performance.