Panic Room DVD...will it be 2-Disc?

Tools    

Fincher's recent hits have had 2-Disc Special Editions. However, a lot of critics don't find Panic Room to be a Fincher Hit.

I loved it, and I hope the DVD is jam packed full of goodies for us movie freaks.

PS- Has anyone else noticed that most multiple disc editions aren't really that packed? I think they just want to have the extra disc to look good, they don't technically need 2 Discs.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
The Game and Alien 3 don't...and when Se7en was first released, it wasn't a two-disc either.

I think they will stick with the single disc on this, there really isn't much they can cram onto two discs.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Enemies are so stimulating.
thats a very good point i never noticed that with the double discs. panic room is great though...did you know nicole kidman was supposed to do jodie fosters part but couldnt coz of her knee that she hurt in moulin rouge...she was in the movie but she was just the voice on the phone. i was diserpointed that nicole didnt do it till i saw jodie in it....jodie foster is one hell of an actress. i loved her in silence of the lambs too.

They don't base their DVDs primarily on critical acclaim, I don't think. The film dominated the box office for awhile and finished with $95 million domestically...I think justice shall be done on the eventual DVD release.

Radioactive Spider Blood
Originally posted by sisboombah
jodie foster is one hell of an actress. i loved her in silence of the lambs too.
Gotta agree with you on that one... she did a really good job in this flick. But did anyone really realize that Jodie Foster is hot? Wow!

I'll probably buy the DVD when it comes out, assuming it gets the two-disc special edition treatment.

"Chances are, if your parents didn't have any kids, then you won't either."

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally posted by jrs1013
Panic Room (DVD): The Jodie Foster flick will hit Superbit disc (with no extras) on September 17th, and will be followed shortly after by a 2-Disc DVD set.
Their "Superbit Deluxe". That sucks. I sure hope that Spider-Man is not a Superbit title.

Looks like the regular (non-Superbit) 'Special Edition' set will hit September 17th now and include Dolby Digital 5.1/DTS tracks, anamorphic widescreen, commentaries from both David Fincher and Jodie Foster, 'Making of featurette', deleted scenes and the trailer

Bad news to follow.....Panic Room will only be receiving a SuperBit release with anamorphic widescreen video and audio in Dolby Surround 2.0 in English and French. and DTS 5.1. A theatrical trailer and filmographies will also be included (somewhat going against the SuperBit philosophy).
The bizarre new definition of SuperBit is still scheduled for a September 17th release date.

why is that bad news?

i thought the superbit thing was suposed to be better? it comes in widescreen and dts wot else do you need?

or do you mean in terms of special features? coz that is ****.

well is there not any chance that there will be a limited edition one released after this one. men in black and seven were released a few months after with 2 disc editions.

if they do bring out a special edition ill have to sell my copy of the one that is coming out first and then buy it.
I don't have Parkinson's. I inherited my shaking head from my grandfather Hepburn. I discovered that whisky helps stop the shaking. Problem is, if you're not careful, it stops the rest of you too. My head just shakes, but I promise you, it ain't gonna fall off!

As you can all see, the Panic Room DVD is simple crap. Yeah sure it is in so called "superbit" for much better picture and sound then the ordinary DVD, all it really is just the movie and possibly a trailer too.
It deserves at least a 2 disc special edition. Even The Fifth Element which was first released as crap then....released as crap on a superbit. Why oh why????

I was pretty upset by this... I walked into Best Buy expecting to pick up Panic Room along with a few others when I noticed it was only available in SuperBit... being that I don't have a DTS receiver or a TV capable or taking advantage of the technology I decided to pick up a few other titles... I don't really see the point in supporting a technology I can't take advantage of... Eventually they'll come out with something for the rest of us

It's hard to believe that they would alienate most of the renting world that way. Check out your local rental store to see whats up.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."