Money Never Sleeps (2010)

Tools    

I found this looking around on IMDb and thought this looks very interesting. This is Oliver Stone's sequel to Wall Street titled Money Never Sleeps. I really liked Wall Street so I hope this is good.

" As the global economy teeters on the brink of disaster, a young Wall Street trader partners with disgraced former Wall Street corporate raider Gordon Gekko on a two-tiered mission: To alert the financial community to the coming doom, and to find out who was responsible for the death of the young trader's mentor." - IMDb

Shia Labouf - Jacob Moore
Carey Mulligan - Winnie Gekko
Charlie Sheen - Bud Fox
Susan Sarandon - Sylvia Moore
Josh Brolin - Bretton James
Michael Douglas - Doedon Gekko
Frank Langella - Lewis Zabel

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1027718/

Originally Posted by Jrs' Sequel Buzz Thread

Langella And Brolin For Wall Street 2

Frank Langella is joining the cast of Oliver Stone’s Wall Street sequel according. Langella was last seen being nominated for an Oscar, for his amazing portrayal of Richard M. Nixon in last year’s Frost/Nixon.

The film, titled Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps, brings back Michael Douglas as Gordon Gekko, the greedy, ruthless stockbroker; and pairs him with Shia LaBeouf as a greedster in training. Langella will play Shia’s mentor, an old school broker. It’s not a minor role, Variety says his “fate plays a major part in the film's plot.”

Josh Brolin is also rumored to be considering a part of the film. No word on who he’d play.

Source: Cinema Blend

I am burdened with glorious purpose
There's something that's been bugging me for a while -- I don't get the "Shia LaBeouf" thing. He is cast in all these huge films, his films make lots of money, yet I don't understand what it is that audiences see in him. I don't think he's attractive nor do I find anything special about him.

What's the deal? I mean, isn't this the guy that might take over the Indy character? Why is this actor such a huge star?

As to this movie, should the Charlie Sheen character be totally gone from this?

Also, I don't have any confidence in Oliver Stone anymore to make a good film.

There's something that's been bugging me for a while -- I don't get the "Shia LaBeouf" thing. He is cast in all these huge films, his films make lots of money, yet I don't understand what it is that audiences see in him. I don't think he's attractive nor do I find anything special about him.

What's the deal? I mean, isn't this the guy that might take over the Indy character? Why is this actor such a huge star?
I see it more as films he's appeared in have made lots of money and he's riding the back of that. I guess his big films to date (that is, films where he's been the star) have been Disturbia and Eagle Eye as, let's face it, Indy and Transformers would've been huge regardless of whether he was there or not. EE did well enough, though Disturbia really coined it in.

My guess as to why he's considered such a hot property (and hot) is because he was in a the, somewhat successful, Even Stevens. If a generation of girls grow up thinking your cute, that often carries over into adulthood and, therefore, they'll be more likely to see his films. That means that the promotion dept. don't have to 'sell' him from the ground up, as he already has an audience in the target demographic.

I think he's a pretty decent actor. I first saw him in Holes and I thought he was believable.
Then, he had some smaller parts--he had this tiny part in I, Robot which I thought was really funny. He has great comic timing. I loved his character in Transformers (the first one-haven't seen the second one).
Plus, he's easy on the eyes in my opinion; different looking.

jrs I'm getting pretty sick of you. You think that just because you started your sequel's thread that all information about sequels is only relevant in your thread or should be posted in there. Your sequel's thread gives me a headache and is very confusing. There are certain movies that I am excited about, that I create a thread if it does not already exist. jrs please do not post in my threads anymore unless it pertains to the subject of the thread. Dont just try and woo people to yours.

Oh yeah I almost forgot....Thanks though jrs.

jrs I'm getting pretty sick of you. You think that just because you started your sequel's thread that all information about sequels is only relevant in your thread or should be posted in there. Your sequel's thread gives me a headache and is very confusing. There are certain movies that I am excited about, that I create a thread if it does not already exist.
Cool story bro.

Sarandon joins Wall Street 2

Susan Sarandon has joined the cast of the highly-anticipated (well it is my house anyway) Wall Street 2 : Money Never Sleeps, according to Variety.

The pic will reunite Sarandon with her Solitary Man co-star Michael Douglas, who is back as greedy, green-eyed Gordon Gecko.

Sarandon will play Shia LaBeouf's mother in the flick. The Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull star plays a young Wall Street trader who falls under the seductive influence of seasoned money-man Gecko.

Oliver Stone produces and directs the pic, a sequel to the 1987 hit that snagged Douglas an Oscar.

Source: Moviehole

Shia LeBeouf, Oliver Stone and Frank Langella Take Wall Street 2 To Central Park

Filming got under way on Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps in New York City this week and already some photos have surfaced online of director Oliver Stone and stars Shia LeBeouf and Frank Langella doing their thing in Central Park.

The website AccidentalSexiness has just posted 17 images from the September 10th Central Park shoot of “Wall Street 2″. The scenes filmed in the park involved Shia LeBeouf, who plays the sequel’s young protagonist, and Frank Langella, as LeBeouf’s mentor. Here are just a few ....

Source: Collider

First Image of Michael Douglas in Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps

The Daily Mail has just posted the first image of Michael Douglas on the set of Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps, which is currently filming in New York City.

Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps stars Michael Douglas, Shia LaBeouf, Frank Langella, Carey Mulligan, Vanessa Ferlito, Charlie Sheen and is aiming for a 2010 release.

Source: Movieweb