Favorite freeze frame movie endings?

Tools    

I Am Registered And So Can You!
We were just talking about this in my office and I thought it would be a pretty funny topic. I have always wanted a freeze frame high five moment to happen to me in real life.

A girl can dream can't she?

A system of cells interlinked
Care to list a couple of endings you like to get the ball rolling?

Hm...like when the move ends on a freeze frame (as if you pressed the pause button and the action just stops mid-moment)...like in "Uncle Buck", "The Breakfast Club", or "The Karate Kid".

These are common freeze frame endings: someone smiling in a really cheesy way, or with a thumbs up, jumping in the air, or giving the high five (my personal favorite).

I think my favorite has got to be "The Breakfast Club" mainly because cheesy group high fives, or jumping in the air is just such a hilarious moment to capture.

They also did it in Beverly Hills Cop. I think it was used pretty frequently in the eighties/nineties.

My life isn't written very well.
I like the freeze frame of the original "The Omen" at the end. That sticks with me.

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Joe, but I can't post that one.

French Connection II has the best quick cut to ending which technically is still moving at the time.

Westworld

As I recall, it freezes on Richard Benjamin's dirty, exhausted face while the voiceover echoes "Boy have we got a vacation for you."

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I'm not willing to call it anything near my favorite freeze frame ending, but one of the most-talked-about is the "finale" of Sword of Doom (1966). I can't really go into it without spoiling it, but if you've seen it, you'll probably remember.

&feature=related
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

taking of pelham 1, 2 , 3

"gazuntite" haaha got you now ****er

Welcome to the human race...
I feel compelled to name Gallipoli, although that wouldn't be fair since I haven't actually seen it yet. Annoying that the ending's been spoiled for me, though...

Anyway, another one that flashed through my mind was the ending to Dolemite, if only because of just how anticlimatic it is...

WARNING: "Dolemite" spoilers below
After Dolemite and Blakely have taken down the corrupt cops and gangsters, they just stand on the street and Blakely asks Dolemite what he's going to do now. Freeze frame. Theme song plays. You're wondering where the ending is.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

There are a lot of movies that I have on my "movies I need to see" list that have freeze frame endings. I had actually forgotten about Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban! That was a good one!

Now that I see all these listed, I realize The Breakfast Club is far from my favorite. Not sure what my favorite is now...

Welcome to the human race...
I'll also nominate the ending to Werewolf if only because of how stupid it is. (To quote MST3K's Mike Nelson as he riffed it on the show, "Even blind people can see this ending coming!")