Stupid Comedies?

Tools    

I was watching The Ladies Man today and was wondering... is there anyone else out there who loves stupid comedies as much as I do.

Before you rag on me too hard, you should know that my Great Grandfathers name WAS Leon Phelps... Guess that's where I get it from

Back to the main topic of the post... I am not talking just classic stupid comedies such as Slap Shot... but movies like Night at the Roxbury, Ladies Man, Happy Gilmore, Mallrats, etc.

Just thought I'd see if I was the only person affected by this horrible problem

I dig some of this stuff but they do start to get boring and very unfunny almost 95% of them suck a big fat one

here's some I dig:

Happy Gilmore
Amos & Andrew
All of Me
Foul Play
Animal House
Semi-Tough
Silent Movie
Stir Crazy
Doctor Detriot

Now With Moveable Parts
Stupid comedies have a way of being so darn attractive. I didn't really think Rat Race was all that funny, but I enjoy watching it, if someone's got it on...I usually watch it. I think the Ladies Man was just plain stupid, though. I liked Superstar, with Molly Shannon, and that was pretty lame at times. All those SNL based movies are like that. A few laugh-out-lound moments and a lot of shaking your head in distaste.

South Park and Dumb and Dumber are stupid comidies but a couple of the best out there!

How about both Ace Ventura's.
They were overly stupid, but we all laughed out loud.

Originally posted by mantra
How about both Ace Ventura's.
They were overly stupid, but we all laughed out loud.
Definatly all of Carey's stuff up until Truman Show I would consider in this type of hollywood comedy that's was created in the early 90's. so that includes Ace Ventura, Dumb and Dumber & Lair Lair etc........

For those of you who are stumped, he means Liar, Liar...

I got to say I really enjoyed Billy Madison. It totally cracked me up. I could not stop laughing for the whole first ten minutes of the film so much I couldn't hear it's audio anymore.

"Please, Billy, no gibberish tonight, I beg of you..."

My wife actually got her nickname from that movie... Dawnyswan... "Stop looking at me, Swaaaan!"

thanks for the correction SB

When it comes to Sandler and his movies, they just reek of tasteless humor. Passing first viewing is an almost insurmountable challenge from that point on there terrible. The only one that has really standed the test on time (a couple of years ouch !) would go to Happy Gilmore. Madison might be behind but it's in the far distance.

I don't know, I still watch the Waterboy at the beginning of every foozball season

I like The Naked Gun.

Originally Posted by firegod
I like The Naked Gun.
Blasphemy!!!!!!!!!!

Comedy is almost inherently 'stupid.' It is, by it's very nature, a celebration of human absurdity and incompetence...in other words, stupidity.

One that I just recently saw and wish I didn't Benchwarmers(Very Stupid)

One of my favorite comedies is The 'Burbs.

I think it's hilarious, even if my everyone else considers it "stupid".

Chaotic Neutral
A stupid comedy I've watched umpty-ump times is Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion. I pretty much like any dumb movie where the characters do little choreographed dance sequences. Old School, Beverly Hills Ninja, Party Girl, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun. Its a wonder I have time to do anything else as much time as I spend watching movies.

Well stupid comedies that I absolutely love and can watch over and over again and laugh to death is Old School and Halfbaked

I took "stupid comedies" as actual STUPID movies that some people just seem to find hilarious...a few of them are...

BRAIN CANDY (1996)
Canadian sketch-comedy geniuses from the Kids In The Hall tv show

STRANGE BREW (1983)
The Canadian hit SCTV brings "Bob and Doug McKenzie" to the big screen

FUBAR (2002)
The mockumentary follows two "rockers" and their bane of existence

Horrorphiliac