The Stanley Kubrick Appreciation Thread!!!

Tools    

Sorry for my bad English :p
one of the greatest there is no one like ( or even a little bit similar to ) stanley kubrick.
my favorite of his movies is A clockwork orange

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Apollo 11 work and no rest makes Stanley Kubrick depressed.

Seems weird that i still have quite a few Kubricks left to watch when i watched his films before i started to get properly into film. Paths of Glory and Barry Lyndon are the one i want to see most. Ranked:

01.A Clockwork Orange
02.The Shining
03.2001: A Space Oddysey
04.Dr.Strangelove
05.Full Metal Jacket
06.The Killing
07.Lolita
08.Eyes Wide Shut
09.Spartacus

Not a fan of Spartacus and i didn't like Eyes Wide Shut when i saw it but it desperately needs a rewatch, plus i didn't like 2001 at first but i now love it after rewatches.

And yeah thanks for sharing Matt, bookmarked it to watch later.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
You're welcome! I wish there was a lot more movie/doc links - it's a big reason we're here!

I've seen every released Kubrick movie (including one that wasn't), but I'll try this from memory. I haven't seen anything of his in a long time.

1. A Clockwork Orange
2. Full Metal Jacket
3. Barry Lyndon
4. Paths of Glory
5. Lolita
6. Spartacus
7. The Killing
8. The Shining
9. Eyes Wide Shut
10. Dr. Strangelove
11. Killer's Kiss

I saw "Fear and Desire" a LONG time ago, but can't remember if I liked it or not.. Here is the link.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
You also left out 2001 by the way.

Thanks for the link again.
I didn't know where to put it, and just forget altogether. I haven't saw the entire thing since I was 17. I tried watching it 2-3 years ago with a friend who loves space, but he said it was boring, and never got around to seeing it again. As I was watching that documentary, I thought I should watch it soon.

I'll try to find more links later, "Tokyo Story" (re-watch) is starting

I don't know what I can say that hasn't already been said. The man was a genius...I love The Shining, Eyes Wide Shut, and A Clockwork Orange, but I think his masterpiece was Dr. Strangelove, a flawless piece of filmmaking.

Care for some gopher?
I'm a huge fan of his movies, as well. I've only three left to watch (Killer's Kiss, The Killing, Lolita) and i would only rate Fear and Desire below
(i gave it 4/10). My ranking:

The Shining
Barry Lyndon
Paths of Glory
Dr. Strangelove
A Clockwork Orange
Eyes Wide Shut
Spartacus
Full Metal Jacket

You've got to wonder what Stanley Kubrick made of all these people in the film world going mad about a fresh picture of him doing something.

I mean, seriously, he's just a man who made films. And everyone praises him as some film god in many ways. As much as I love this man's work, he's becoming very much a fable in the film world. Like the equivalent of a Greek tale told over thousands of generations.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. A lot of talent there, for sure, but it's clear that people are projecting a level of forethought and sophistication onto his perfectionism, most of which is probably incidental, and not trying to send us secret messages.

Se correr o bicho pega. Se ficar o bicho come.
I don't know what I can say that hasn't already been said. The man was a genius...I love The Shining, Eyes Wide Shut, and A Clockwork Orange, but I think his masterpiece was Dr. Strangelove, a flawless piece of filmmaking.
I agree.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. A lot of talent there, for sure, but it's clear that people are projecting a level of forethought and sophistication onto his perfectionism, most of which is probably incidental, and not trying to send us secret messages.
I can't bear to sit through the Shining documentary made a few years ago. You can just tell those people had too much time on their hands.