Reputation Points?

Tools    

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Look at the top right corner of each post (except your own). Do you see the and the ? If you think a post is clever, insightful, relevant or worthy of praise, you can click on the . On the other hand, if you think the post is hateful, irrelevant, and worthy of derision, you can give it a . Just don't hand out too may because you disagree with a person's opinion. It's better to disagree with a person's attitude than their opinion because in a free society, we all can have our opinion, but since here we're in a semi-closed society, you can slam somebody for having hateful attitudes. Then again, both reputations should only be handed out when something crosses a line, either good or bad, so try not to abuse this power.

A system of cells interlinked
I think he is the Rep leader, with Cait just behind him...

whats the purpose of these things ?

if thats how it works here then i guess ill make the best of it get lots

Do people ever give negative rep points? And if they do, is there a blow back where the person who feels they've been unfairly 'dissed' goes to every post the 'disser' has ever posted and click on the thumbs down?
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

You can only click once and give a thumbs up right, and afterwards it says Thanks!? I don't think mine are registering then, is there some option I have to click on or am I just bunk?

No mark, I didn't get your thumbs up. Did you get the two I gave you on this page last night, for posts 11 and 13? When I clicked on it it said Thanks! but I'm doubting it went through.

There, I just thumbs upped Yoda's post #18 and Markf's post #16. Did you guys get them? And I never got the thumbs up markf gave me when he asked if I had received it or not. If it doesn't work for me for some reason I can definitely live with that, but I figured you might want to know if it is some sort of bug in the system or something.