Who should star in Duke Nukem the Movie?

Tools    

I have heard a rumor about Duke Nukem the famous computer game possibly becoming a live action movie just wondering who you think would play the best Duke?

the only thing of is jean claude van damme and that be a terrible movie so say so if you have a better pick?

A novel adaptation.
Wha???
Come again, coherently.

Bruce.
Oh, yeah

C'mon. It's not hard to understand what he's saying.

Anyhoo, I think Ah-nuld is obviously the dude Duke is primarily based on...but he'd need to lose the accent for this one, because Duke is 100% American. I just hope they don't get Dolph for this gig...I'd rather have a no-name Ah-nuld lookalike.

Fighting out of the Lions Den
Don`t know what the hell he`s up to now, but Dolph Lundgren is a far better prospect than shortstop Van Damme.

Then again, if Lundgren steps up to bat, that`ll put it in B-Movie status straight away, so... .

Maybe Kurt Russell then...How bout him?

A novel adaptation.
C'mon. It's not hard to understand what he's saying.
I'm Sooooorrrrrreeeeee. (in the big monster from Labrynth's voice)

Originally posted by Jonny Goodboy
Since I was young (say 10!) I wanted a Duke Nukem movie and always though Kurt Russell to be Duke, I was going to say him even before I saw your post!

Bruce Campbell, all the lines are taken from him in the Evil Dead trilogy. Maybe Dolpph Longren.
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

Campbell would be good...but he'd have to bulk up significantly and dye his hair...might be a stretch. Anyone other than Ah-nuld would need to pack on some muscles, though.

A novel adaptation.
Who should direct it, though?

Man, I'm thinking maybe...Michael Bay?
I'm kidding, let's make this a good picture, and put Polanski at the helm, it'd have to be shot outside the U.S, but hey, at least Roman would make it more than just a dumb action flick.

wait a minute, is Ozu still alive?

Ah-nuld would be the obvious choice, Snipes would also have been good if he were the right color (no offence intended) also Bruce Willis with the right make over would do a good job!

Originally posted by Jonny Goodboy
That's who I originally thought of too. Have him look the way he did in Soldier and it's all set. Good call.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

i just remembered who he was and yes that is an excellent choice! Kurts got the look! If he still has the attitude he had years ago, he would be the perfect type-cast

Fighting out of the Lions Den
Originally posted by LordSlaytan

That's who I originally thought of too. Have him look the way he did in Soldier and it's all set. Good call.
Kurt was surprisingly bulked up for that part too, so we know that aspect wouldn`t be a problem for him if he got the call.

Vin Diesel with bleach blonde hair

A novel adaptation.
Hey, I think Vin with any hair at all would be a start.

Honestly, Kurt Russel would probably fit the role best,
but I'd like to see Bruce give it a try.

I vote for Kurt Russell but I did come up with someone nobody else has mentioned... Howie Long. The guys just a bad ass to begin with so it wouldn't be much of a stretch

who's the bad gangster guy in "judgement night" he would be cool

Back with a bang!
McBain

Howie Long does fit the role!

Van disel perhaps ?? for the role in a Duke Nukem movie??