The Illustrated Man?

Tools    

I haven't seen the movie, but I liked the book. Ray Bradbury is awesome.

So I watched it and I am going to watch it again! This Movie is an awesome sci-fi movie. Rod Steiger(In The Heat Of The Night) is really good in it. I recommend anyone who enjoys Rod Steiger or sci-fi flics even a little bit, this is a must see!! Oh yeah Claire Bloom is pretty hot!

I give it a 4/5 and if we talking about sci-fi movies alone 5/5!!!

I hope Mark f agrees this movie seems up his alley!

I just finished watching it as well. I'll start off by saying that I didn't like it nor hate it. It does work for your basic 60's/early 70's science fiction flick.

I'll have to give Rod Steiger props for his fantastic performance as the man with the "skin illustrations." Without it I don't think the movie would even be considerably likable. The rest of the acting in the film is also fairly good.

I thought it kicked off pretty well, but once the first "story" started it had lost most of my interest. I wasn't too thrilled about any of the other stories either. It does make for an interesting enough plot though.

Didn't care too much for the score either. It was similar enough to most of the science fiction movie's scores that came out in those days which is not bad by any means. It works for a film like this, but it did get quite annoying about half way through in my opinion. Nothing that would drive you crazy enough to turn the movie off though.

Like I said before, I didn't think it was bad. It can be thoroughly enjoyable if you watch it with an open mind. If I had to give it a rating with only my first viewing I'd give it around 6/10 stars. Wouldn't recommend it to everyone, but I do give a strong recommendation to any science fiction fans out there.