Saddest movie you have seen

Tools    

Tears of the sun

Wow, that's a hard one. I don't really go for the tearjerker, there are elements of sadness in most every film I find interesting. Probably "Wings Of Desire" not really sad in the western sense but it has an air of melancholy throughout. Its probably one of the most "Zen-like" western films I have seen. "Until the End of the World" another Wenders film, carries the same feeling.
"You have to believe in God before you can say there are things that man was not meant to know. I don't think there's anything man wasn't meant to know. There are just some stupid things that people shouldn't do." -David Cronenberg

You ready? You look ready.
My Dog Spot. That's the only film I can think of that actually made me cry.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Land Before Time. Totally.

Powder has the one of the most bittersweet endings I've ever seen. But in terms of slit-your-wrists depressing, The Killing Fields wins the competition for me.
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury
Signifying nothing."

Macbeth

I have to return some videotapes.
Oh man...Million Dollar Baby for sure.
Finding Neverland...definetly.
Forrest Gump...gets me every single time without fail.
Dead Poet's Society...had to fake cry in class for sure
Life is Beautiful...fake cried for that one too
Power of One
Hotel Rawanda
Field of Dreams
Brokeback Mountain...
yep it got me

Come to think of it, American History X is a pretty depressing film. The ending is a real gut-puncher.

A Time for Drunken Horses (an Iranian film) is sad too, just to see what the characters go through so their brother can have his operation.

It would be wrong of me not to mention Boys Don't Cry as well.

Actually, the only movie that ever really made me cry was Pay It Forward.
sarcasm??

I found the ending to Pay It Forward as predictable and uncalled for...I don't see any real point to it, to me, it ruined the movie

Horrorphiliac

What's the haps all...new here and this is my first post. I thought Stroszek and Grave of the Fireflies were pretty damn sad.

What's the haps all...new here and this is my first post. I thought Stroszek and Grave of the Fireflies were pretty damn sad.
Definitely Grave of the fireflies. The music is what does it in that movie.

Put me in your pocket...
Or perhaps the story itself.:-/
Yep, I agree.

Sorry Equil...I'm sure the music set the tone and added to the saddness (it's been awhile since I've seen it), but what left a lasting impression on me was the hoplessness of the kids situation and their struggle.

Teeth of Lions Rule the Divine
The saddest movie I have ever seen is Requiem for a Dream, because at the end when everyone's life was being screwed over at the end just because of their drug addictions, I just felt so depressed after that movie.

The saddest movie I have ever seen is Requiem for a Dream, because at the end when everyone's life was being screwed over at the end just because of their drug addictions, I just felt so depressed after that movie.
I couldn't agree more. I've seen many sad movies but none of them made me feel so helpless and depressed as Requiem for a Dream.

Field of Dreams...not so much sad, but the only movie that can make me cry