A Dirk Pitt Movie - Who Should Be In It?

Tools    

Okie doke folks... I'm not sure if anyone else out there is addicted to Clive Cussler's Dirk Pitt series, but I simply cannot get enough of 'em! My family and I have been debating who should be cast in each of the major roles for years now and after running a search on Google I found we aren't the only ones. My question to you is, who should be cast in the following roles?

Dirk Pitt
Al Giordino
Admiral Sandecker
Congresswoman Loren Smith
Hiram Yaeger
Rudi Gunn
St. Julien Perlmutter

Here's what I've been able to come up with:

Dirk Pitt = Howie Long
He'd have to change his hair a bit, but the guys is exactly who I picture as Dirk Pitt.

Al Giordino = Sly Stallone
I'm sorry, but there is no one else for this role, case closed.

Admiral Sandecker = James Coburn
I'm a little torn on this one, but decided to give the nod to Coburn over Hackman and Connery.

Rudi Gunn = ???
I really don't have a clear picture of Rudi in my head... probably b/c I haven't read any of the books in quite some time. I'll have to get back to ya.

Loren Smith = Rene Russo
She's elegant and sophisticated looking... perfect for the part.

Hiram Yaeger = James Spader
Not sure why, but he just pops into my head as being Hiram.

St. Julien Perlmutter = Robbie Coltrane
Tough call between Coltrane and Dom DeLuise, but in the end I'm just a bigger fan of Mr. Coltrane.

I should mention that while I love the books, I haven't had time to read them any of them in about a year. Also, I really don't read descriptions in books so my impressions of who should play a character could be completely off from everyone elses.

Let's see...

Pitt: I always pictured Pitt as Rick Rude from the old WWF

Giordino: I dunno, Mose... Sly is too skinny to be Giordino. He;s always described as 'wide as he is tall'. In the absence of a better candidate, though...I'll concur.

Sandecker: I see Nicholson in that role

Gunn: Tom Arnold

Smith: Dead on... Russo would be perfect

Yaeger: I've always pictured

Peter Horton

Perlmutter: Coltrane would be perfect!

Wow... I didn't even remember ever posting as FanBoy, but there it is!

Given the upcoming release of Sahara I thought I'd resurrect this thread to bitch about the casting of Steve Zahn as Al Giordino... DANG THEM TO HECK!

My Top 100 favorite movies.