Einstein's day has arrived!

Tools    

The actual quote is from a letter Einstein wrote to his friend, psychiatrist Otto Juliusburger, in 1948.
“I believe that the abominable deterioration of ethical standards stems primarily from the mechanization and depersonalization of our lives,a disastrous byproduct of science and technology. Nostra culpa!”
It's interesting that Einstein was already aware of how society was changing in 1948 due to new technology. At that time they even had television...Today is all about 'smart phones' which ironically are 'dumb computers'. By that I mean a smart phone is like a swiss army knife, does a lot but doesn't do any one thing really good. I do swear people of all age groups are addicted to them which is just why I refuse to be tied to one.

The actual quote is from a letter Einstein wrote to his friend, psychiatrist Otto Juliusburger, in 1948.
It's interesting that Einstein was already aware of how society was changing in 1948 due to new technology. At that time they even had television...Today is all about 'smart phones' which ironically are 'dumb computers'. By that I mean a smart phone is like a swiss army knife, does a lot but doesn't do any one thing really good. I do swear people of all age groups are addicted to them which is just why I refuse to be tied to one.
You and me both, my man! Computers are bad enough. But walking around all day looking down at your palm-- good Lord! It's kinda pathetic.

And they've become so important to people that it seems to be the premier part of their lives. I've actually had people get up off the treatment table to answer their stupid I-phone!!

I've said for a long time that cell phones are the new smoking-- constantly fiddling with them. IMO they'e worse.

And look what their addiction has done to modern movies and TV. Increasingly in productions the phones are a huge portion of the story and action! It's not only a cop-out, but in my case my crappy vision won't allow me to read what's on their screens-- which I don't want to do in the first place..

Of course I've gotten a lot of business from people with sore neck and shoulders on account of hand-helds..

Duplicate Account (locked)
the meme validated itself

that's good that you research stuff said in memes, when i was on facebook, i did the same and found out that one meme that was getting circulated was not a real quote.

some boomer made this for sure, generations? They always say that their generation is better than the younger one.
I don't know the genesis of that meme but when I was looking for the exact quote from Einstein I came across this...

Though we have yet to see a citation identifying precisely where and when Einstein supposedly said this, we have at least found examples of its attribution to him dating back before the 2000s — as far back as 1995, in fact, when a character in the American film Powder uttered it:
Donald Ripley: “It’s become appallingly clear that our technology has surpassed our humanity.”
Powder: “Albert Einstein.”
Donald Ripley: “I look at you, and I think that someday our humanity might actually surpass our technology.”