Favorite modern alien movie?

Tools    

Life (2017) has to be my favorite, followed by The Thing (2011). I really wanted to like Alien Covenant but it fell flat for me.

Life (2017) has to be my favorite, followed by The Thing (2011). I really wanted to like Alien Covenant but it fell flat for me.
As ever, I'm quite behind on a lot of the new ones. There are many that I'd like to see.

I think it would have to be Under the Skin actually.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Haven’t seen super 8...but want too. I have to give a shout out to Avatar. Also liked the Spielberg war of the worlds and signs. That’s all that really comes to mind in terms of good movies....avatar included.

Of course arrival is critically acclaimed. I didnt care for it much and prefer all others mentioned....avatar included

Also liked the Spielberg war of the worlds and signs.
I liked both of those at the time as well. They're making a – presumably more faithful – TV adaptation of War of the Worlds in the UK but I don't fancy it to be honest.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Also liked the Spielberg war of the worlds and signs.
I liked both of those at the time as well. They're making a – presumably more faithful – TV adaptation of War of the Worlds in the UK but I don't fancy it to be honest.
Are they...we’ll see how it turns out. Might be ok if it has a decent budget...who knows. I wouldn’t know what difference there would be either, haven’t seen the original. I just looked up under the skin, sounds interesting also. Slipped the radar completely.

Are they...we’ll see how it turns out. Might be ok if it has a decent budget...who knows. I wouldn’t know what difference there would be either, haven’t seen the original. I just looked up under the skin, sounds interesting also. Slipped the radar completely.
It's brilliant, especially because of Scarlett Johansson.

Contact
Arrival
Under the Skin
Cargo
Cargo was about zombies

Arrival was great! Loved the concept

Keep your station clean - OR I WILL KILL YOU
Haven’t seen super 8...but want too. I have to give a shout out to Avatar. Also liked the Spielberg war of the worlds and signs. That’s all that really comes to mind in terms of good movies....avatar included.

Of course arrival is critically acclaimed. I didnt care for it much and prefer all others mentioned....avatar included
Hopefully you can watch Super 8 sometime!

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Very yay! That's on Prime so hopefully I'll catch it tonight. I've not even heard of this one. thanks!

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Super 8 was good fun. I also really enjoyed Arrival as well. I guess those two are probably top of my list right now. I need to recap what all has been released though cuz I KNOW I'm forgetting about 30. At least.

Edge of Tomorrow was a lot of fun for me too.

A system of cells interlinked
Arrival for me out of the most recent stuff.

Loads of votes here for Arrival. It appealed to me until I saw a glimpse of one of the aliens, which looked exactly like the 456 from the Torchwood miniseries Children of Earth. I'll have to bury that thought and give it a go .