1930s Hall of Fame

Tools    

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Taking a cue from Cosmic, I made a graph. It gives a visual to how the noms stacked up against each other. I thought it turned out good.

Great lil graph, CR!!
Wow! Empress was the definitive champ in this one!

Yes! except you you didn't do a write up on your nom...so I guessed at what photo you might have used. How did I do?
I would go with something like this-

But you did great!

Congrats to Cricket for the win! And thanks for hosting CR, you did a great job as always!

I had a hard time ranking #3-6, and originally my bottom 3 were Bride of Frankenstein, Gunga Din, and Child Bride, in the same order they ended up placing here haha. I did have Pépé at #3 at one point as well.

Basically the only thing that stayed the same were my two favourites, and the one I knew I would be ranking last. After much internal debate, here was the list I actually settled on:

01. The Scarlet Empress
02. Bachelor Mother
03. Make Way for Tomorrow
04. Gunga Din
05. Pépé Le Moko
06. Bride of Frankenstein
07. Child Bride

I might've switched Gunga Din and Pépé around again if I had my time back, but I had already changed my list too many times and decided to just send it, otherwise I might have never settled on an order haha.

Did you guys notice what I did with the photos? It's not a big deal or anything amazing, I was just trying to be creative.
When I saw the pictures used in the reveal, I did notice that they were the ones we each selected in our reviews. But when I saw this, I thought you meant something like that grey border you added, so I started looking for other changes as well, like a hidden number showing its ranking or something haha.

I slept a bit longer than I expected so missed all the results fuzz. I'm happy that The Scarlet Empress won as it was also my favorite. My ranking was:

1. The Scarlett Empress
2. Child Bride
3. Pepe Le Moko
4. Bride of Frankenstein
5. Gunga Din
6. Bachelor Mother
7. Make Way for Tomorrow

Ended up putting Pepe above Frankenstein despite of the ratings I gave. Pepe was one of those movies that started to feel better after the actual viewing was over

BTW, did I make a new record with my nom as it seems that everyone else ranked it last?

Also I'm not yet sure if I participate in part 2. Nothing to do with my success here, of course. We've had a heatwave in Finland (most of the Europe, I think) for almost a month now and it's threatened to continue for about another month. I hate heat and I'm not sure if I'm up to going through another patch of 1930s films in this weather when watching good films is difficult at times. Also I've come to notice that my planned nom is probably seen by quite a few already. Need to think this through.

1. Make Way For Tomorrow
2. The Scarlet Empress
3. Pépé le Moko
4. The Bride of Frankenstein
5. Bachelor Mother
6. Gunga Din
7. Child Bride

Cheers all and thanks to Citizen

Extremely tight race for second from the looks of things.

Also I'm not yet sure if I participate in part 2. Nothing to do with my success here, of course. We've had a heatwave in Finland (most of the Europe, I think) for almost a month now and it's threatened to continue for about another month.
We've (Northern Ireland) had it too. Roasting today as well

It would be good to see you sign up for Part 2, even if you hate my nom again

...BTW, did I make a new record with my nom as it seems that everyone else ranked it last?
I'll have to check, you might have a record for Most Last Place Votes, but that honor might go to Red Psalm in the 70s HoF. I voted your nom last, BUT if I was to pick a nom that was the most interesting-topical it would be yours. I'm glad I watched it.

Also I'm not yet sure if I participate in part 2. Nothing to do with my success here, of course. We've had a heatwave in Finland (most of the Europe, I think) for almost a month now and it's threatened to continue for about another month. I hate heat and I'm not sure if I'm up to going through another patch of 1930s films in this weather when watching good films is difficult at times. Also I've come to notice that my planned nom is probably seen by quite a few already. Need to think this through.[/quote]It's hot here too! I hate it hot as it's also very humid, and we don't have Air Conditioning. That's why I love spring and fall Great if you can join the 30s Part 2, but if not I do really hope you'll join the next main HoF the 17th Hof or something else. I personally don't mind seeing movies over, in most case's it's been years since I seen them.

It's hot here too! I hate it hot as it's also very humid, and we don't have Air Conditioning. That's why I love spring and fall
Same here, humid and no air conditioning. In Finland most apartment buildings don't have a proper air conditioning and they're built to be quite energy efficient because we have pretty cold winters. So now that we've already had about a month of 80+ F (highest have been like 92 F) days thick walls have pretty thoroughly heated and I have like 86 F or so inside and terribly humid

Great if you can join the 30s Part 2, but if not I do really hope you'll join the next main HoF the 17th Hof or something else. I personally don't mind seeing movies over, in most case's it's been years since I seen them.
I'll definitely join 17 or almost any special one. I may still join 1930s pt. 2 as well. It's so few films any way and maybe, just maybe, one or two might even be good

Same here, humid and no air conditioning. In Finland most apartment buildings don't have a proper air conditioning and they're built to be quite energy efficient because we have pretty cold winters. So now that we've already had about a month of 80+ F (highest have been like 92 F) days thick walls have pretty thoroughly heated and I have like 86 F or so inside and terribly humid
Can you leave windows open at night with a fan to cool it down some? That's what I do. Wish I had air conditioning.

Can you leave windows open at night with a fan to cool it down some? That's what I do. Wish I had air conditioning.
I have windows open and a fan but it does very little because the walls of the house itself don't have time to cool (note that even in southern Finland there's like 6 h 30 min from sunset to sunrise now).

I have windows open and a fan but it does very little because the walls of the house itself don't have time to cool (note that even in southern Finland there's like 6 h 30 min from sunset to sunrise now).
That's a bummer, I hope it gets cooler for you soon.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
We do the fans and open up the doors and windows at night as well.
I SO do miss the old style of houses that had an actual air flow to them. It seems the more modern ones have no circulation whatsoever to them.