Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Blue is the Warmest Color (2013)

Welcome to the human race...
Getaway -

as if waiting for First Reformed to be released in this country couldn't get any worse

Watched The Nun today. Though the premises was great still it felt like the weakest chapter of the Universe. Some scenes are unnecessary. Performances are decent. If you like all previous The Conjuring Universe movies, then you will like it too. Final Rating : 6.5/10

Jude Law is a bad actor, my girlfriend wants to watch Closer and Cold Mountain next weekend, oh hell, I can't ****ing wait...
Closer is a GREAT movie

Second viewing -

Snooze factor rating = Zzzz

[Snooze Factor Ratings]:
Z = didn't nod off at all
Zz = nearly nodded off but managed to stay alert
Zzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed
Zzzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed but nodded off again at the same point and therefore needed to go back a number of times before I got through it...
Zzzzz = nodded off and missed some or the rest of the film but was not interested enough to go back over it

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”

Searching (2018)

Same story with this guy. Won't quit till he gets what he's after.

Joy Ride (2001) - John Dahl

- Awesome movie. Entertaining, well acted and thrilling. One of the few movie I'm never tired to watch.
Always wanted to see this. Looks great

The Nun - 6/10

Tales from the Crypt's Demon Knight (1995), the movie Nun totally ripped off - 8/10

Isle of Dogs (2018)

I think this was the first animated movie I ever watched with my wife and I met her in 1996. She liked it and our dogs liked it a lot. I thought it was excellent for the most part, a little stale at times as it went along. I think Fantastic Mr. Fox is better.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
This doesn't sound promising. At least as a kid I didn't like Demon Knight.
Really? I liked it a lot actually. I always remember Bordello of Blood more though.

Suspect's Reviews

Really? I liked it a lot actually. I always remember Bordello of Blood more though.
Yeah, but it's more than 20 years since I saw it (in movies when it was new) so that opinion should be taken with some heavy grains of salt. I don't really remember much of it except the fact I didn't particularly like it. Maybe I'll give it another look before seeing The Nun.

Under Siege 2: Dark Territory -

hot take: this is about on par with the original as far as I'm concerned
I did enjoy the sequence where Seagal ate the whole train.

Searching (2018)

*Disclaimer: I am a father with a young daughter, so my thoughts may be a little biased because of this*
This movie finally came around to a theater close to me, and I'm very happy it did. I wasn't too impressed with the trailer only for the fact that it was going to be a web interface the whole time. However, the consensus from critics seemed to be that this movie finally executed that style well. I would have to agree here, as I was completely aware that everything was viewed through a computer screen, but it never felt really choppy or restrained.

The story itself was excellent. It definitely has the 'Gone Girl' feel part of the time, and there is a social media reference to that at one point. There were several times that I expected the movie to go the conventional route with a plot 'twist', but then it digs a little deeper for something more groundbreaking. These kinds of movies tend to do that anyway, and this one only felt a little cheap at the end to reveal the ultimate ending (as opposed to some movies where you are completely blindsided due to random facts the viewer never would have known). I teared up more than once from empathizing with the characters, and I may consider showing this movie to my daughter when shes' older to show her what being a parent is like haha