The New Design Thread

Tools    

Not to discredit the importance of the threads such as Movie Commentaries, MOFO Big Brother or MOFO Survivor but these threads are usually specific to certain users and with the frequency of the posting kinda ruins the "Now Playing" function. I have a limited time to get my MOFO on and it kinda ruins the relevance of certain things I am trying to discuss or trying to generate discussion about. Now Playing can be so useful when I am surfing web for info or waiting on replies to post I have made(since I have multiple tabs open looking at various things) I thought I saw somewhere back in this thread or another that this problem was going to be addressed with the new version.

Well, someone mentioned it, and I agreed that it was worth looking into. But that was just a couple of weeks ago, and as you can see, it's been a pretty busy time, especially considering it's an issue that only comes up now and then.

Anyway, it's a fine suggestion, and it's on my list, but it's not really related to the new design. If someone wants to brainstorm about the best ways to do it, I think a new thread would be in order.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
....something's different.

Nice job Yoda. Standing Ovation.

One little nitpick for me...It's hard for me to tell what my new messages are. I see they are in bold...a bit. But I have to really look hard to see the new ones. Before the colour distinction made it easier for me.

Suspect's Reviews

I can dig that, good suggestion. Maybe the same little NEW tag I'm putting on the posts? That would probably make it a lot easier. I'll add that now and we'll see how it looks.

I think he was just talking about PMs (which have tags on them now), but regarding threads, you should be able to tell them but the "Go to New Post" icon before the title, no? Not noticeable enough?

I do have an item on my to-do list already to find a way to make them stand out more, but I just tried it and they look pretty clunky with the icon AND a "New" tag.

I think he was just talking about PMs (which have tags on them now), but regarding threads, you should be able to tell them but the "Go to New Post" icon before the title, no? Not noticeable enough?

I do have an item on my to-do list already to find a way to make them stand out more, but I just tried it and they look pretty clunky with the icon AND a "New" tag.
wow, i didn't even notice that icon, because i was using the regular style on my phone and the button just looked kinda inconspicuous when i was zoomed out so i forgot it was there. yeah, that works just fine.

Cool. Arrows facing downward are "Go to New Post" icons, and the ones facing to the right (say, under the Last Post column) are "Go to Last Post," if you see either of them anywhere.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Allow me to break the cycle and be the first to say that I hate it! But then I'm a neophobe! I hate anything new! It scares me. Reading through the 80s List and it just felt so odd. And it's also kind of thrown off the balance of my reviews.

But I'm sure I'll get used to it in time. And there is some stuff I like. I love the art deco vibe to the design, reminds me of an old cinema from the 30s. There used to be a cinema here in Glasgow that opened back in 1934 which kept some deco touches to it which it reminds me of. And I like how the posts are made to resemble speech bubbles from the users.

A couple of questions though regarding the threads in the members reviews area. Is there a way to go to the last post of the thread that I'm completely missing? Just clicking on it only takes me to the first page. And also other than just simply counting is there a way to tell the post count of a thread. In the past each post had its count number but I don't see anything now. And I always found it handy to know for my reviews, that if there was just one post to go before a new page I wouldn't post the review because it would quite often get overlooked by everyone else

I'm sorry you dislike it it...except for the way all the posts look and the overall style. Anyway, I'm pretty sure you'll find it much easier to use once the shock wears off.

The post numbers were brought up earlier; I'm not sure if they're coming back or not. But you can still find out if a post is going to be on a new page or not by holding your mouse over the page navigation--the tooltip that comes up will show you how many are being displayed (it's 20 per page).

As for Member Reviews, I'll see about adding the same New Post/Last Post icons that threads have, but I'm loathe to do anything much more than that, because User Reviews in general are going to change a fair bit soon, anyway, in ways that'll probably supersede these tweaks.

Well, someone mentioned it, and I agreed that it was worth looking into. But that was just a couple of weeks ago, and as you can see, it's been a pretty busy time, especially considering it's an issue that only comes up now and then.

Anyway, it's a fine suggestion, and it's on my list, but it's not really related to the new design. If someone wants to brainstorm about the best ways to do it, I think a new thread would be in order.
I hope you know The Bachelor is next.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	xjake-pavelka-the-bachelor.jpg
Views:	997
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	13178  

The only thing that's annoyed me so far is that I keep scrolling all the way down the to the bottom of the 80s list to edit in the new movies before realising Edit Post is now at the top.

A system of cells interlinked
Allow me to break the cycle and be the first to say that I hate it! But then I'm a neophobe! I hate anything new! It scares me. Reading through the 80s List and it just felt so odd. And it's also kind of thrown off the balance of my reviews. :mad
Well, I never! How dare you, Sir!