In the "French Connection"...

Tools    

In the first bar scene where Hackman is in the santa suit and Schneider busts into the bar... What is the name or who is the artist of the song that everyone is listening to on the jukebox? I have been trying to track down that funk song but I can't seem to find it, however I found a lot of other good stuff while looking for it!

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Nice idea, but it's not on that soundtrack. I can hear the wailing guitar solo but I don't recognize the piece of music. No wonder it's hard to find. We'd probably need to try to contact the Music Supervisor who picks and chooses "songs" for the film because I'm sure that was not composed by Don Ellis, the film's composer, who died 30 years ago. The problem is that I can't find a "Music Supervisor" credit, and director Billy Friedkin would probably not know the answer unless it's a fave of his own.

Nice idea, but it's not on that soundtrack. I can hear the wailing guitar solo but I don't recognize the piece of music. No wonder it's hard to find. We'd probably need to try to contact the Music Supervisor who picks and chooses "songs" for the film because I'm sure that was not composed by Don Ellis, the film's composer, who died 30 years ago. The problem is that I can't find a "Music Supervisor" credit, and director Billy Friedkin would probably not know the answer unless it's a fave of his own.
'

Ahhh this is frustrating! I really want to figure this out!

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
damn! sorry i was of no actual help. i'm guessin renting the damn thing and pausing it through the song credits at the very end was of no help, huh?