MoFo Photo Album V2.0

Tools    

I feel like being creative. Hopefully I can convince some of the MoFo regulars to jump on board.

I bought a disposable camera. I want to ship it around the world and let each one of you take a self portrait. But you have to be creative with the background. I may even buy two cameras. One labeled "Self Portrait", and one labeled "Other". I want everyone who signs up to take a photo and send it to the next person, when I receive the camera, I will have the film developed and I will post everyone's photos which will create the MoFo Photo Album V2.0

Now, a few things.

1) This will require you to give your mailing address to someone. If you aren't comfortable with that, don't sign up.

2) This will require you to pay for shipping. We have members all over the world, so if you sign up, say wether you are willing to ship over the pond or not, and I will come up with a camera order that is most practical.

Is anyone interested in this in the slightest? I think it has potential, give me some feedback!

Signed Up:
ash is the gal
wintertriangles
Yoda
Golgot
7thson
Pyro Tramp
voneil7
fiscal
planet news ?
mark f ?

PN and mark, you two kind of expressed interest, are you in or not>

Hell No, I'm not leaving my one chance at getting the perfect shot of me for all of Movie Forums and whoever else happens to visit up to a disposable camera. This is the age of cameras that let you preview the photo and delete automatically if it's not right.

Hell No, I'm not leaving my one chance at getting the perfect shot of me for all of Movie Forums and whoever else happens to visit up to a disposable camera. This is the age of cameras that let you preview the photo and delete automatically if it's not right.
This is precisely the reason why Fiscal's idea is so awesome. It's not subject to the kind of narcissism you describe. It emphasizes connectivity, creativity, and spontaneity: all the best aspects of the internet.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
They may will be the best aspects of film too, in all its incarnations. However, I do understand waiting for the right moment (lighting) which using the camera takes into consideration. The only downside is the cheapness of the camera, but what're ya gonna do?

This is precisely the reason why Fiscal's idea is so awesome. It's not subject to the kind of narcissism you describe. It emphasizes connectivity, creativity, and spontaneity: all the best aspects of the internet.
Oh, I expected this kind of reaction from you.

I'm not bashing Fiscal's idea at all - go ahead and do it - but the "so awesome" factor resides solely with the disposable camera traveling around the world, and frankly, it's just sentimental phooey. Oooh, look, people passed around a disposable camera to their friends on a forum and took pictures without the ability to edit through Photoshop or any other such modern material. Let's call it art and give it a prestigious award (if that ever happened.) Oooh, it's like different generations merging together. How very The Artist.

Go ahead and do it. I get that there must be a thrill factor to receiving the camera and knowing other people from around the world have used it before you, then preparing for your one (or two) click/s, but I say, hey -- working hard for your internet picture the modern way, via modern cameras and whatever, is fine, too.

However, I would get a kick out of snapping a very shocking picture for Fiscal to see upon developing the film.

What the heck...?

I'm in. Lovely idea.

Only thing that concerns me at all is the possibility that it might be damaged while being shipped around, which would be a bummer.

there's a frog in my snake oil
I'm not bashing Fiscal's idea at all - go ahead and do it - but the "so awesome" factor resides solely with the disposable camera traveling around the world, and frankly, it's just sentimental phooey....
However, I would get a kick out of snapping a very shocking picture for Fiscal to see upon developing the film.
That does it. I'm going to take a cardboard cut-out of SC every time I travel from now on. I will place him in twee international settings, take photos, and email him the results.

As time goes by, he will start getting intimate with a cut-out of Audrey Tautou.

---

PS yeah I'd be up for this

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
i'm excited because i'm curious what sort of creative background you had in mind. should we do something local to our setting?

it's sisterhood of the traveling Mofos!!!

I am totally in on this - what is the absolute worse thing that could happen to any of us individually?

Only thing that concerns me at all is the possibility that it might be damaged while being shipped around, which would be a bummer.
Good luck, but this seems quite possible to me.

Originally Posted by Golgot
That does it. I'm going to take a cardboard cut-out of SC every time I travel from now on. I will place him in twee international settings, take photos, and email him the results.

As time goes by, he will start getting intimate with a cut-out of Audrey Tautou.
LOL. I'm fine with this. I'll even experiment with cardboard Audrey. It all sounds lovely.

Because of the positive reaction, and in the name of art (shut up SC, don't be a bummer), I'm going to send out my Diana Lomography camera so we collect some truly badass photos from around the world. I picked one up some time ago for like 20 bucks, so really I just need to buy enough film to last us, which I don't mind doing. I will pre package it in a sturdy, light, and compact setup that can be reused by everyone in the shipping process. The Diana's are actually really sturdy, so I'm not worried about it breaking.

Check out the Diana and its sample photos here:
http://usa.shop.lomography.com/camer...ana-f-w-oflash

Oh, and if you steal my camera, I'm burying you next to Joe Pesci.

Awesome. I'm already thinking about where to take a picture. Probably Grandview Avenue, which I used to live near and his these little platforms that stretch out in front of a ridiculously photogenic panoramic view of the city up and down the street. Either that or by the Duquesne Incline, most likely.

I like the sound of Diana Lomography camera more than disposable camera.

Gives it a hip, '60s vibe instead of that day at the local amusement park vibe.

But I wouldn't risk it.

But, see -- if I hadn't said anything, you guys would probably still be getting the disposable camera. Sometimes it's worth speaking up. Y'all are getting the Lady Di camera 'cause of me.