Fiscal's Short Films

Tools    

Bon Iver (at least the last album I heard) definitely fits this stuff. I thought the song gelled well when you were swinging on that rope though.

I say just do it if that's your intuition.

Ah, hammock!

I may end up mixing this one with new music. I was fighting with iTunes and ended up rushing it. PN, that rope swing was probably the only reason Cold War Kids made it on the video.

Do you guys find that much focusing and overexposure to much? The next one I film, I am going to try to have my subject in focus from the beginning of that particular section instead of the gradual roll into full focus.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I might have missed it, but what editing software do you use?

For what they are, they work. I can even see you using the first video as part of a demo reel, if this would be a field of interest to you.

What I want to see is a narrative structure though. I know you have trouble getting friends together or what not. Answer is simple:

Offer free beer/pizza.

They will do it.

PS- I like Bon Iver, so the song fit for me.

Suspect's Reviews

Hey TUS, sorry I just saw your post. Right now I am just using iMovie.

What I really want to do is film stuff like this:

That is just want I want to do right now, but eventually I want to create real short films if I can find people that want to act or write. I would also like to write stuff down the road as well.

Okay, I really hate this video that I am about to show you. Here is what happened...

My friend was proposing to his girlfriend (his gf has no idea who me or my wife are) and wanted my wife to take secret photos. I decided to try and get some video footage, but I absolutely did not get any good shots at all. I was slipping on the snow and my son was trying to climb up my leg all while I was trying to get some decent video shots.

Well, I ended up getting ridiculous shaky footage. I edited it together, slowing down the parts that were actually kind of still to make it seem like I actually got something. He ended up loving the video, and so did his fiance - but I was super disappointed.

Anyway, I will share it with you regardless. It's on vimeo and I don't know how to embed that here, so follow this link:

So, I have acquired some serious filming equipment, I am going to post it below if anyone is interested. I teamed up with a friend and we are finally getting some local bands together that want to film these "Take Away Shows". We actually received positive word back from Noah Gundersen's (below) contact people about filming him in one of these sessions when he gets done with his tour in the next several months. Pretty exciting!

Noah Gundersen for those interested:

Here is the equipment I've gathered over many months.

Canon 5d Mk II with 16-35mm 2.8 L2

Flycam

ProAm Jib Crane

Zoom H4N Stereo Mic

GoPro Hero

Let's make some dammn movies!

My friend and I directed and shot a short 2 minute horror film. This is a very rough draft. My son is the kid talent

We are re shooting the ending eventually, it just doesn't make sense. Everyone was pretty exhausted towards the end of the shoot, and we didn't get what we needed to make the ending correctly.

I can't watch any videos at the minute mate, my internet is past the fair use policy

I'll add the thread to my favourites list and when I get the internet running again, I'll have a look...