Mad Men fans?

Tools    

IDK. She seems to have a lot of the deception/manipulation/narcissism of Betty and Don while at the same time resenting them for those exact attributes. Good writing of a child as would be expected.

?..But we've seen the "oh, Don's finally turning a corner" thing over and over. And for a bit I thought that was the point--that we're seduced into thinking he's changed just like the people (mostly women) in his life are. We think we can fix him the same way they do, and we keep expecting it long past the point we should. So it'll be interesting to see if this last hurrah is for real or not.
Well, he could be turning a corner again after the last ep

This episode is full of very obvious symbolism - the monolith, computer representing progress while Don seems stuck in the past. New office v. An attempt at new world order in the countryside.
Roger, seemingly accepting the reinvention of his daughter until sex comes into it whereby he reverts to caveman . Peggy pleased with herself thinking she has a campaign until Joan helps her realise she's just a pawn in a nasty bit of male jealousy.
I liked 'Marigold' telling Roger a few home truths , not like people haven't done it before , but it usually goes in one ear and out of the other.

I liked the scene with Roger and his daughter as well. However it is infinitely frustrating that she knows she is going down the same path as him but still thinks its ok to continue down it. Its great story telling when Weiner can make my heart break for a kid I think we have only seen twice and I dont even remember his name.

I don't think Margaret's comparison worked all that well, though. I mean, Roger provided for her and didn't physically leave his family until his daughter was an adult. I'm sure he made some mistakes and in some ways the lifestyle of a cheating, egocentric, alcoholic businessman is comparable to the lifestyle of hippies (not caring about any moral conventions and just living life in an Epicurean manner), but Margaret actually leaves her child behind so she can live with hippies and can have lots of sex and 'freedom'. I think Roger (and Mona) had the right to blame her, but he was obviously powerless in that situation. She was in to deep. She wasn't able to see what was wrong about what she was doing and seemed completely disillusioned.

This all is happening right before the Charles Manson murders, by the way, which would change the general view on hippies (they weren't seen as harmless anymore).

Yeah, that was rough. Your dad wasn't around for you, and you hated that, so it's cool for you to do the exact same thing to your kid? Wha? It was hard to watch someone--even a fictional someone--rationalize running away from their child. Win the argument, sure, but lose at life for failing to learn from his mistakes.

The focus on this stuff lends a little credence to the idea I heard floated awhile back that the show's really about the children, and by extension, about the way each generation shapes the next, for good and ill.

Haha. OK, I loved all the previous four episodes this season, but this fifth episode was a freaking atomic bomb.

The whole reason behind the company's conspiracy against Don gets revealed, Don is having a trio, Don kicks ass as he used to and Peggy gets a nice, little present from Ginsberg.

Also, great humor during the whole episode:

"You know I want her."
"You can't have her."
"Why can't I have her?"
"Because Scout's honor."

*Lou gets out of the toilet*

Also, was the 2001 reference when Ginsberg was spying on Cutler and Lou one of the best movie references in a TV series EVER or what?

My favorite episode of the season so far and instantly one of my favorite episodes of the whole series! Perfect.

The Adventure Starts Here!
I LOVED the Hal/computer scene when Ginsberg was peeking at them. Hilarious. And I'm sure some folks back then were terrified of computers. Actually, if they still looked like that, they'd probably freak me out a little too.

That last scene with Ginsberg and Peggy made me remember why I loved this series so much a few seasons ago. It's felt rather haphazard lately, and it feels as if they aren't quite sure which story they're telling anymore. In that first season, I was sure it was all Don's story ... and whether or not his secret would come out. Now that seems so ridiculously unimportant that I feel a bit cheated and misled by that first season.

But maybe that's me. I suppose if they bring Don around completely and end his story well, I'll feel less disillusioned. I do like watching Don as he now sits on the sidelines of all areas of his life -- professional, personal, sexual, societal -- and watches everything around him change. His sweet Megan is partying it up in California as part of Hollywood and drags him into it. His daughter is growing up too fast and knows way too much about him. His coworkers can take him or leave him and absolutely none of them admire him professionally anymore (although that may change after the Commander cigarettes smackdown). Society itself is changing. Everyone's dressing differently -- even Harry and Pete -- except him. He's still wearing the same dark suits, thin ties, white shirts, and carrying the briefcase. He dresses exactly the same as he did in episode 1.

Oh, the previews on AMC keep saying "Two more episodes left this year!" And yet I know this is the final season.... Are they really breaking this final season in half and not starting the second half until 2015?? Or are there simply two episodes left... period?

Oh, the previews on AMC keep saying "Two more episodes left this year!" And yet I know this is the final season.... Are they really breaking this final season in half and not starting the second half until 2015?? Or are there simply two episodes left... period?
They're splitting it up and are airing the second half of the season in 2015.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Seven months away? Egad. Sorry, but that's stupid for this final season, and way too long. I think one of the reasons I started to lose a little interest in this show is that their seasons started feeling very far apart. They're just starting to get a little momentum for this season and it'll be waiting time again. I think we viewers sometimes need the momentum and build-up of weekly episodes to really care about these people. Take them off our radar for seven months at a time, right when things start mattering again, and we lose interest.

Or, at least, that's been my experience with this show. It works far better rewatching episodes on DVD in groups without having to wait so long for the next fix.

I love this show more than anything else on TV but agree its just too long to wait. I didnt start watching in real time till the fourth season and main lining the first three seasons was the best thing ever.

Yeah the seasons are definitely too far apart, but this is my favorite TV series, so I just rewatch other seasons and episodes while waiting for the new stuff.

Just had a couple of the big moments from last nights episode spoiled for me via facebook. Dont be on the internet if you dont like spoilers boys and girls.

Leave it to Weiner. He kills off a main character. Breaks up the relationship of the man we are all rooting for (don't pretend your not). Still ends the mid-season on a happy, hopeful note. My second favorite episode of the season. I wish this show could last forever and that I didn't have to wait a whole year for the last seven episodes.