Jack Goes Boating

Tools    

"Jack Goes Boating is a tale of love, betrayal, friendship and grace centered around two working-class New York City couples. The film stars John Ortiz (American Gangster), Daphne Rubin-Vega (Broadway’s “Rent”), Amy Ryan (Gone Baby Gone) and Philip Seymour Hoffman (Capote), with Hoffman making his feature directorial debut. Bob Glaudini (“A View From 151st Street”) adapted his acclaimed Off Broadway play for the screen.

Jack (Philip Seymour Hoffman) and Connie (Amy Ryan) are two single people who on their own might continue to recede into the anonymous background of the city, but in each other begin to find the courage and desire to pursue their budding relationship. In contrast, the couple that introduced them, Clyde (John Ortiz) and Lucy (Daphne Rubin-Vega), are confronting unresolved issues in their marriage...."
[ropeofsilicon]

I heard about this movie around the end of last year then forgot about it, and for whatever reason remembered it today. The release date is sometime this month. The trailer seems to remind me of a mix between Punch-Drunk Love, Lost in Translation, and a Noah Baumbach film. Philip Seymour Hoffman is on the top of my favorite actors list, and I can't wait to see how he does with his first directorial debut.

I enjoyed this film, but of his recent work liked 'The Savages' and 'Before The Devil Knows You're Dead' quite abit more, especially 'Before The Devil Knows You're Dead'.