Tomb Raider 2 (Vikander, 2021)

Tools    

Since the recent Vikander outing as Lara Croft was given an OK rating from fans, the sequel has been off and on.

Shooting is set to start "early 2020" with a 2021 release date.

Vikander is returning as Croft, with Ben Wheatley, director of the lauded A Field In England, replacing Roar Uthaug as director.

I can t really tell much about the film, because some set pieces were really good,however the movie isn t that memorable to me, alicia hasn t got the screen presence of angelina jolie...lets put it that way

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
That's all I need to know. I'll see it.

Welcome to the human race...
I'm mainly fascinated by how it's getting directed by Ben Wheatley of all people. The guy who's famous for doing extremely weird and violent movies like Kill List or A Field in England or High-Rise is going to get to do a PG-13 videogame blockbuster? Then again, they let the guy who directed Snowtown make an Assassin's Creed movie so I guess it doesn't matter.

As far as I can tell, Alicia Vikander is magnificent in everything she does. So, this is no surprise.

I rather enjoyed the first Tomb Raider film with Vikander in the role, so look forwards to the sequel, especially with that new director, a strange but interesting choice so will see what they let him do.

i prefer angelina jolie as lara croft she was much better
It boggles the mind because nothing was that wrong with Tomb Raider 2. Compared to other video game films and action movies since.

Movie's looking like it's been cancelled.
They were meant to start filming during Summer 2020... but nothing's happened so far.
News in the release pencilled in for March 2021 has been removed from MGM's and WB's schedule with no news at all if the movie will even be restarted.