The Heisman Trophy, Collegiate Rules, and Capitalism

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
Dude, that post makes no sense, even to me.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

That is what it comes down to if you want to be clear about Deleuze's views. No one ever writes it like that, because it just doesn't work as well in this format, but I wanted to try.

You've got to understand that Deleuze is an artist as much as a philosopher---he thinks philosophy is a kind of art brut actually---and his writing is never going to be in this stripped down, bare bones syllogism style. It's completely against his beliefs to use the syllogism. He doesn't think things can be so easily represented (or at all).

Still, I'm not going to ask Yoda to throw away his reliance on clear language for something more impactful. Deleuze does capture the essence of all he says in his prose, precisely because it is so, so, so rich. One of the things he says is that only in this richness can one truly grasp reality.

Of course, we do loose something here in this format, but I just think this is the way to go about convincing Yoda and the others.

Semper Fooey
Dude, that post makes no sense, even to me.
In that case i am sure as hell not going to read it.

Deleuze = poetry = exactly what he's arguing.
Yeah, but I hate just telling people OMG GO REED DELEUZE LOLZ. Not because they shouldn't, but because it's technically "lazy".