Anyone have any recent experience w DirectTV service?

Tools    

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
I almost signed up for it, but experienced aggressive and dishonest sales techniques, misinformation, bait-and-switch tactics, devious pricing trickery. Trying to lure you into short-term savings so they can raise prices later while your trapped into a 2-year contract. Turned me right off--- Maybe I just caught a bad salesperson, but I got the heebie jeebies-- anyone have recent experience w DirectTV they could share?

I use them. I let it stay off for about six months, and when I went to pay the bill/have it clicked back on, the guy tried to get me on a contract, with new equipment, with an installation fee . . . Each time I told him that I already had the service, and that it only needed to be turned back on. With his third attempt, the 2 year package, I said, "Maybe you're not hearing me. I've simply had it off, I've now paid the bill, and you are to turn it back on, with no added fees, packages, etc . . . If you try this, I won't stay with you all.

I won!

Be demanding, tell them exactly what you want, and only what you want, but becareful what you sign.

I . . . trust . . . no one!