I can finally watch PG-13 movies

Tools    

That was not a recommendation, though, that you watch them. Seriously -- if I was a strict father, I would not turn to that stuff.

Is it a she or a he?
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I was looking through PG-13 movies and I saw Rise of The Planet of the Apes on the list. That's my recommendation; great movie. Also The Ring, if you like scary movies. It's pretty scary though, so maybe watch that one with someone.

I saw Super 8 on the list. That's PG-13? It must be for language although I don't remember it being especially bad. Another good one as well. Along that same ilk and an even better movie is The Host (2006 Joon-Ho Bong)

Do you understand Japanese?
Oh my god. They're trying to claim another young victim with the foreign films.

RIGHT ON, SISTER! DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT JAPANESE!

I saw Super 8 on the list. That's PG-13? It must be for language although I don't remember it being especially bad.
There's a 1.5 second glimpse at a guy who is stoned from smoking weed and I think one use of the F word. So the MPAA slapped a heavier rating on it.

Well, okay, a girl can watch To Wong Foo, Thanks For Everything, Julie Newmar. It will teach you most of what you need to know about womanhood.

I can't really help on this thread though. PG-13 is a 'merican rating... the BBFC and MPAA have differing standards so the ratings over here in Britain compared to the American ratings tend to fluctuate.

There's a 1.5 second glimpse at a guy who is stoned from smoking weed and I think one use of the F word. So the MPAA slapped a heavier rating on it.
Ah, I never notice things like that. For better or worse, I was never restricted to what I could read or watch as a child.

I do remember both those things now that you mention it.

Oh my god. They're trying to claim another young victim with the foreign films.

RIGHT ON, SISTER! DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT JAPANESE!
Pfffft. My little 12 year old (and she just turned 12 in November) adopted sister watches lots of foreign films. Also what her and her friends know about anime would put Gaup to shame.

I suspect that the only Harrison Ford films Soul Surfer has seen are the Indiana Jones films. So now that her parents have lifted their PG-13 embargo, she can enjoy the talents of a superb actor.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
No, I'm trying to shut up Guapo from babbling useless nonsense to someone it doesn't or shouldn't affect. But that's everybody.

Super 8 is PG-13. That means the theatre has to let any age in. The 13 is just an advisory for parents.

Jake Gyllenhaal Movies She Can Watch

Source Code (PG-13)
Prince of Persia (PG-13)
Proof (PG-13)
Moonlight Mile (PG-13)
The Day After Tomorrow (PG-13)
Bubble Boy (PG-13)
October Sky (PG, you're too old for it)

Oh my god, I would HATE to have to wait 5 more years to watch the rest of his movies.

Three more then I'll stop: Pitch Perfect - I love this movie. It's funny and the singing is really good. Mean Girls - Another funny one and Stardust.